04 | help arrives

chapter iv of the death season :

" HI THERE . "

╓─────────────────────╖

" So no matter what , if you need us . . . if you need me , I ' ll be there . "

╙─────────────────────╜

january 10, 2018

glasgow , scotland

" YOU GOTTA GET UP . COME ON, WE HAVE TO GO ! "

Vision just quickly shakes his head, staying silent and gently raising a hand to Wanda Maximoff's cheek. He keeps his back pressed to the green metal fence that lines the railroad tracks of the train station they've crashed landed into. The dark place is completely empty except for the two of them, but they both know that won't last for long. A barely stitched up hole is stabbed through Vision's chest and Wanda is gasping deeply for breath, her heart beating wildly as she waits for their attackers to find them again.

"Please leave." Vision finally whispers his plea, his golden eyes wide with intensity and a flicker of electricity snapping through the side of his head.

"You asked me to stay." Wanda whispers back through her now dyed hair and the small trickle of blood falling down her forehead, "I'm staying."

The sound of shattering glass fills their senses as the ceiling suddenly crashes in and then two tall and threatening bodies land down into crouching positions behind them, their hands both holding onto intricately carved spears. The most vicious of the two slowly rises from her landing, her dark horns curving around her head and her even darker eyes glaring in the dim light around. Proxima Midnight and her husband, Corvus Glaive, simultaneously raise their alien spears, the metal slashing through the air and whining in threat. They then slowly creep toward the two with viciousness carved into their faces.

There is no question.

The children of Thanos will kill them to get the Mind Stone.

Yes, they will fight.

But, in the end, they will both die.

Vision can do nothing but watch as Wanda slowly turns around, straightens up before him, and then displays her hands out on either side of her, her red energy conjuring up at her hands.

Her red hair blows in the wind and a sudden train screeches and sails by on the metal railroad tracks behind. And even as the wind blows Wanda's hair, the air seems to grow colder and yet somehow more still. Proxima's gleaming blue eyes suddenly dart over Wanda's shoulder, drawing the witch's attention and making her look over her shoulder as the dark train finishes gliding across the tracks.