07 | one way ticket

chapter vii of the death season :

" OH , WE ' RE USING OUR MADE - UP NAMES ! "

╓─────────────────────╖

" Stark , you know that's a one way trip ? "

╙─────────────────────╜

january 11, 2018

outer space

" THANOS IS STILL A CONQUEROR . Thanos is still a warrior, still a god. And you will either bow... or be broken."
"Sorry... I'm not really the bowing or breaking type."

"You stand up! I ask, what do you do, Lisa Stark? What do you do?!"
"I stand up."

"But... what if I chose his version of mercy instead?"

"Now... Run, little fox. Run."
"Not today."

"I hope they remember you."

"You shouldn't have come up here."

Lisa snaps out of the flashes plaguing her mind, her head jerking to the side and her blue-glowing eyes slowly dimming. The flashes are coming back now, full force. After Sokovia and that first night that she truly felt like she was... taken, the visions seemed to go away, and they stayed away for a long time. And when they did come back, Lisa had learnt how to control them - as hazy and distant as they were, but now the flashes are just so vivid. The voices are so clean and so clear and so... real.

And Lisa is pretty sure that has to be a very very bad sign.

But, back in the present and to the voice that's scolding her, Lisa stays sort of confused for a moment, just trying to figure out where exactly she is until the world around her fades back in. A monstrous black and blue ship has swallowed her whole, a low tumbling and moaning sound of the alien ship surrounds her senses, the stars and the rest of the terrifying vacuum of space lies outside the walls, and then there's a man in a red and gold Iron Man suit standing across from her. Lisa blinks hard for a few seconds, trying to make sure that this is actually real. Sure, she has an easy enough time believing she's being hurtled up into the cold-heart of space, but what she is having a hard time believing is that after two insanely long years, she's truly all alone with Tony Stark for the first time... again.

And by the scowl that is on her father's face, Lisa definitely knows that this is definitely real.

She heaves a sigh, "What was I supposed to do? Just let you come up here alone?"

Tony just stares back at her for a long second before he just scoffs incredulously, "Yeah actually, that's exactly what you were supposed to do!"

"Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you again." Lisa quickly snaps, her eyes vicious and her tongue just as sharp as Tony's own tongue is.

"You didn't disappoint me," he quickly cuts back before he misses the chance, making sure she knows it.

Lisa just gives him a genuinely surprised expression while the Stark man still stays stiff against her words, looking like he's ready for an argument he really doesn't want to have and trying to put on an armor that he's not already wearing. But with a sigh, Lisa rolls her eyes and shakes her head, knowing that arguing really isn't going to get them anywhere right now. Besides, they've done enough arguing to last them a lifetime.