21 | the greatest failure

chapter xxi of the death season :

" I AM HOME . "

╓─────────────────────╖

" Remember this place. Home. "

╙─────────────────────╜

february 8th, 2018

outer space

" OKAY . WHO HERE HASN ' T BEEN TO SPACE ? "

As the remaining Avengers sit in the Benatar, everyone is confused at the raccoon's question. Svetlana, now dressed in her full Silver Fox suit, cautiously raises her hand. Wondering if she should be embarrassed about this fact, she discreetly glances at Natasha, Steve, and Rhodey who thankfully all awkwardly do the same.

Ignoring the smug look he's getting from Thor, Rhodey pulls an annoyed expression, "Why?"

"You better not throw up on my ship!" Rocket simply barks back, "Approaching the jump in three..."

"Um, Mr. Rocket?"

"Two..."

"What's wrong, Svet?" Natasha casually glances over at her daughter.

The teen just looks at her with wide wary eyes, "I think I might have developed a very small, small fear of flying into the deep dark abyss and I just-,"

"One!" Rocket yanks down on the throttle, making the ship suddenly blast straight through the wormhole.

Svet gasps as she's thrown back in her seat, the Benatar rapidly slicing through the darkness of space. Her eyes begin to sparkle with the brilliant lights of universe, planets and stars and supernovas alike all glittering against her morning blue eyes and taking her breath away. For the girl that was born and raised in a cage, to see the sights of the universe is something she never thought could belong to her. She's never seen anything so beautiful in her nearly seventeen years of life, and she never will again.

But when they come out through the other side of the space portal, Svet's stomach starts to feel a little odd and her face twists strangely. The girl stares off into literal space for a long silent moment before suddenly doubling over and losing the contents of her stomach all over the metal floor. Steve cringes and Natasha immediately unbuckles from her seat, going to her daughter's aid.

Looking over his shoulder, Rocket just groans, "Ah gross! Little Red, what did I just say?"

"Back off, raccoon." Natasha snaps back, rubbing her back, "Some of us have never left the galaxy before."

"Alright, alright, that's fair."

"I'll head down and do recon." Carol nods to the group from where she hovers outside.

The glowing woman then turns and descends upon the lush and thriving planet below.

Before anyone else can move, Rhodey purses his lips and voices what everyone else is already thinking, "If we find Lisa, what are we gonna do... to bring her out of it? How are we gonna make her... her again?"

No one responds for a long moment, everyone honestly not sure. After all, this is uncharted territory here. No one could have seen this coming, and no one knows how to save the girl they all know so well - especially if she doesn't want to be saved.