18 | old tech and new allies (end credits scene)

chapter xviii of the death season  :

" SENDING . . . "

╓─────────────────────╖

" Death is not the end . "

╙─────────────────────╜

january 11, 2018

new york city

THE WORLD IS ABOUT TO END.

New York City is still hopping with activity, fearful in the wake of the aliens' return but trusting that the Avengers will take care of it.

The streets are filled with people.

But it won't be for long.

"Still no word from the Starks?"

"No, not yet. We're watching every satellite in both hemispheres for Stark and the kid but still nothing-," The woman suddenly cuts off when a quiet beeping interrupts her, her dark brows creasing and her lips suddenly pursing in confusion.

SHIELD's ex-director Nick Fury looks away from the road, glancing his single eye over at his most trusted right-hand-woman, "What is it?"

Ex-agent Maria Hill swipes quickly across her tablet, "Multiple bogets from Wakanda."

"Same energy signatures as in New York?"

Hill looks quickly up at her boss, lips curving into a frown, "Ten times bigger."

Fury clenches his jaw, already trying to make a plan, "Call Klein, tell him to initiate the kid's backup plan for little Maria Stark. And get that kid from San Francisco, you know, the crazy one. Tell them we'll meet them-,"

And then a car suddenly is swerving out of control right in front of them, spinning in rough and tight circles and only coming to a stop when it slams hard into the side of another car.

"Nick!" Hill panickedly yells, saving the silver SUV from colliding into the black car's side.

The two slowly climb out of their car, their eyes glancing around to the strangely eerie atmosphere around them. Something feels wrong... Hill cautiously strides to the driver's side of the vehicle, peering in only for her eyes to widen and her body to stiffen.

"They okay?" Nick cautiously asks, eyeing her tense posture.

"There's no one here."

Hill slowly turns to look at him, uncertainty and maybe even a tinge of fear in her eyes. Nick hurriedly turns at a strange sound filling the silence, his mouth opening in shock when a helicopter begins to spin aimlessly through the air around and around until harshly colliding into a side of a skyscraper.

People begin to scream and run.

The world begins to end.