29 | new york, new york

chapter xxix of the death season :
" WE'RE GOING BACK TOGETHER .
OR NOT AT ALL . "

╓───────────────────────╖
" Isn't that the 'why we fight'?
So we can end the fight?
So we get to go home? "
╙───────────────────────╜

may 3, 2012
new york, new york
ELEVEN YEARS AGO

THE SHRIEKS AND SCREAMS OF THE CHITAURI FILL THE AIR .

Leviathans and warriors on chariots pour down from the portal ripped open in the blue sky.

The original seven Avengers form a circle in the middle of the battlefield, weapons raised, eyes deadly, finally assembled as a team.

And on a side street nearly five blocks away, the first team of older Avengers materializes.

Their matching red and white suits vanish to reveal their near "costumes" underneath.

"I still call Cap!" Laurie suddenly announces, bouncing in place and throwing up a hand.

Everyone slowly turns, sending a few raised eyebrows and uncomfortable stares her away. The girl pays no mind, her hand still raised and eyes still wide. Steve awkwardly glances at Lisa who pats his arm as Scott just juts out his chin in great offense.

"Um, I'm still going with Captain America!" Laurie glances around, "Okay guys?"

"Thanks a lot, Laurie." Scott grumbles, feeling unwanted.

Whirling around, Laurie harshly mutters under her breath, "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, Dad, don't screw this up for me!"

"I'll look out for her, Scott." Steve just nods seriously at the other man, "Don't worry."

Laurie blows a raspberry, waving him off, "He's not worried, he's just sensitive."

A Chitauri suddenly snarls overhead and before the group can react, a sixteen year old Lisa Stark soars over their heads, blasting the creature from the sky before she goofily whoops to herself and flies on.

Lisa just smirks over at the others, brushing the dirt off her shoulders. Tony rolls his eyes.

"Psst." Laurie leans in close, "I had pajamas based off this look of yours."

"No way, for real?" Lisa's eyes are wide before flashing a look of pride, "You know, I made that suit myself."

"Oh." Laurie pulls back with a scrunched freckled nose, "That explains a lot."

Lisa's face crumbles, "Hey."

"Right?" Tony jumps in, stretching an arm out to the Lang girl, "Super impractical. Not bulletproof at all."

"All right, enough!" Dressed in his early 2012 suit, Steve immediately gets down to business, "We all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one Stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock."

2012 Hulk suddenly releases an earth-shaking roar, cutting Steve off as he barges past them, smashing absolutely anything and everything in his path. Tony's brows lift in surprise and Lisa blinks at the obvious overkill of the Chitauri warriors as the green being hurls cars at them and jumps up and down on their bodies until they're broken and dead.