17 | perfectly balanced

chapter xvii of the death season :

" WE LOST . "

╓─────────────────────╖

" What just happened ? "

" We won . "

╙─────────────────────╜

january 11, 2018

wakanda - titan - unknown

OVER. IT'S ALL OVER.

Svetlana Barnes doesn't move from her spot in her father's ashes - she can't. She feels frozen, her eyes glazed over and her voice completely given out. She's not sure what it is she feels in her chest, but it's familiar. So terribly familiar, something she felt for all those years before D.C., in the Red Room, in Siberia. And then she places it. Nothingness. Oh right, that's what it is. Absolute nothingness begins to grow in her heart again and this time she thinks it's going to win.

Her uncle crumbles a few feet away, Steve dropping to his knees before what used to Vision, turning him over to find him pale and empty.

Nearly everyone who's left slowly gathers around what can only be described as a graveyard; Thor, Rhodey, Rocket, Bruce, Steve, Svet

Nearly everyone who's left slowly gathers around what can only be described as a graveyard; Thor, Rhodey, Rocket, Bruce, Steve, Svet... Light panicked footsteps echo in Svet's ears and she raises her red head to find Natasha panickedly sprinting towards her.

And if she could, if her soul had anything left, Svetlana might sob all over again.

She doesn't know about Papa.

Her mama doesn't know that the man who loved them, the man who tried to protect their family, the man who is her husband, is dead.

And it isn't fair! It's not right that their daughter has to be the one to tell her. No child should be put through that. After all, how many times does Svetlana Anastasiya Barnes have to witness death before the age of seventeen?

 After all, how many times does Svetlana Anastasiya Barnes have to witness death before the age of seventeen?