14 | the snap

chapter xiv of the death season  :

" WE ARE OUT OF TIME . "

╓─────────────────────╖

" The earth will crack with the weight of your failure . "

╙─────────────────────╜

january 11, 2018

wakanda

" WHERE IS HE ? ! "

Quill scrambles back up to his feet, desperately reaiming his weapon off into space. He spins in a harried circle, his eyes panickedly finding Lisa as she stays crouched by her father.

The young woman swallows hard, her tired blue eyes looking over her shoulder back at the man, "He's gone."

The words feel so dry and lost within her throat.

"Did we just lose?" Quill whispers with wide and horrified eyes.

Lisa's blue eyes slowly turn back to the yellow sky as she thinks about all of those still on Earth, those who she prays haven't been been defeated yet

"It's up to them now."

" HE ' S HERE . "

An eerie silence falls over those still in Wakanda and a thick wind begins to blow harshly around them. The surrounding world seems to nearly whisper, voices brush through the forest they stand in, blowing through the dirt and across the open air. And a the wind begins to blow harder, the whispered voices grow more insistent, more fearful, more warning.

Svetlana stands between her mother and father now, a strange feeling welling up in her stomach.

Something is coming.

Steve slowly looks around, cautiously putting his fingers against his comm, "Everyone, on my position. We have incoming."

"