10 | the battle begins

chapter x of the death season :

" IT WILL BE THE NOBLEST ENDING IN HISTORY . "

╓─────────────────────╖

" I ' m with you ' til the end of the line . "

╙─────────────────────╜

january 11, 2018

wakanda

" IF WE MAKE IT OUT OF THIS ALIVE , I'll give it back to you."

Natasha looks up from where she's been twisting her electric batons in her hands to where Bucky stands nearly a foot away. The man with the metal arm holds the very same weapon he used those two years ago in Siberia, the one that once belonged to her before he stole it from the quinjet. Svet awkwardly peers up from where she's been double-knotting her black boot that stretches up to her mid-shin, her red bangs falling her eyes as she watches the interaction in front of her.

Natasha stares at the man, one blonde brow raising and her lips curving into a smirk, "Nah, you keep it, James. Consider it a gift from me..." She rests a hand from her chest to his, "to you.

"Besides," The ex-assassin carelessly shrugs and latches her electric batons to her back before she turns to look straight into Bucky's ocean eyes, "You need it more than I do."

The blonde woman gives him just a bit of a wink before she then turns and strides out the palace doors.

And all Bucky is left with is the gun and a dorky little smirk twitching up his lips.

Svetlana looks between Natasha's retreating back and Bucky's face with wide eyes.

And then the seventeen year old suddenly shudders in her soft Russian accent, "Egh! I am not certain what that was, but it was frightening!"

"Uh, what?" Bucky seems to just now remember that she's standing there before he pointedly straightens and pulls her up after him, "You mean flirting, Sveta?"

"Flirting." Svetlana repeats in a low voice, trying to sound like her papa all the while tasting the word in her mouth and sticking out her tongue in disgust, "Ewww."

Bucky just raises his eyebrows at her, holding the new gun against his shoulder.

"Oo, oo!" The girl gasps and bounces a little, "This is what Sam taught me. I'll show, wait for a moment." Clearing her throat, Svet backs up a little and then points a finger into her mouth to imitate an intense gag.

Bucky just slightly cringes at the look on his daughter's face, pulling back and scrunching his nose at her.

With a satisfied sigh, the girl straightens and gives a proud smile and nod, "Like that."

The man rolls his eyes and nods, "I'm so glad I left my daughter in the hands of a hooligan."

"Uncle Sam taught me all sorts of wonderful things!"

"Great. Bird guy and I will be having some words." Bucky grumbles before giving her a confused look, "Besides, I thought you wanted Natalia and I together."

"She goes by Natasha now, Papa. And well, I do..." Svet stretches the word out, poking the floor with her foot before squinting and shaking her head up at him, "But it's very gross to witness!"