26 | the silver fox

chapter xxvi of the death season :

" WHAT WE WANT . . . YOU CAN'T GIVE US . "

╓─────────────────╖
" I've got red in my ledger. "
╙─────────────────╜

january 25th, 2023
tokyo, japan

SCREAMS ECHO THROUGHOUT THE JAPANESE STREET.

Gunfire sounds, lights flash, glass shatters.

Chaos reigns.

Her feet make absolutely no sound as they sprint effortlessly through the elevated street shops, each step certain, each movement determined, body completely enhanced. A knife spins in her sickly thin fingers before she viciously hurls it across the room, the long silver blade severing straight through one man's throat and sinking in with a satisfying squelch.

The targets line up behind him like lambs to the slaughter.

And just like the butcher, a redhead stands before them with a knife in each hand and a twisted smirk on her lips.

If it's a fight that they want, the girl with the morning sky eyes is more than happy to oblige.

With a yell, she flips over the next armed man and slides underneath another's legs, latching a hook around his ankle and yanking him to the ground beside her. With a sharp flick of a wrist, she twirls the thin sharp wire around his neck and and squeezes until she can see the light fade from his eyes. And just as she finishes the job, a firm muscled arm wraps around her throat and yanks her harshly back, shoving the barrel of a gun straight into her temple.

"Ugoku na." He hisses into her ear. Freeze.

The young woman goes stiff, slowly lifts her blood-dripping hands, and then... she does something strange.

The first strange thing of the evening.

The girl... she giggles — a hoarse and sharp sound, much like the blade in her hand, sending a chill up the spine of her captor.

And then she throws her head straight back into his nose, stabs her knife into his thigh, and drops down to her stomach, allowing her partner to step in and stab his katana straight through the man's belly.

Her morning sky eyes dart up and meet his dark brown ones.

She smirks. He doesn't.

"Ty skazal, chto podozhdesh' menya." You said you would wait for me.

"YA stal neterpelivym." I became impatient.

He scoffs.

And then they work as a team.

As Ronin sweeps low, the Silver Fox smoothly rolls across her partner's curved back, using him to launch herself and take another man down. He snatches onto her wrist and twirls her around, giving her a swoop of the room to empty her entire magazine on the men that never seem to stop coming.

"U tebya yest' eto?" The man in the mask questions. You got this?

"Ne vsegda li?!" The girl shouts back, thick curls falling in her dark eyes, "Idti!" Don't I always?! Go!

And then Ronin leaves the rest of the triad in her more than capable hands.

After all, even in her earliest days, she was never this good. Before, there was always that one small part of herself holding back - that promise of goodness, that sense of morality she so desperately wanted to have.