12 | the battle of wakanda

chapter xii of the death season :

" IT ' S NICE TO MEET YOU , TREE . "

╓─────────────────────╖

" On your left . "

╙─────────────────────╜

january 11, 2018

wakanda

BLOOD DRIPS DOWN HER ARM and sweat clings to her hairline as she stands in the middle of a battlefield. She's lost sight of her parents, her mother and father being somewhere among the chaos far away. They tried to stay close to her, but the fight eventually tore them apart. As it's always done. So, she stands alone among the monsters with sharp teeth, trying to focus on the mission, trying to get out alive. The sound of her heartbeat pulses wildly in her ears, causing a sick and vicious rhythm for her gun and her blades. Her breathing catches and grates within her chest as her body twists and slashes at the outriders surrounding her.

It's a different world, being a soldier.

Svetlana wasn't raised to be this way. She was never a soldier on the battlefield. She was an assassin staying in the shadows. Svet knew it so well; it was like a second nature to her. Now, the sun is beating on her back and war cries ring in her ears. And she's scared. Svetlana suddenly realizes that there's much more at stake than just a failed mission. Her entire world, the very people that gave her life, could be stolen from her. Again.

She's not sure she'd be able to survive that. Not again. Never again.

Svetlana lets out a harsh grunt as she kicks one outrider away for another to just come and takes its place. Her heart aches. Her stomach churns. She feels sick. The blades on her wrists are covered in some form of black intestines, and blood of her own smears across her forehead.

Svetlana's mind slips into a daze. The world around her quietens and the threat in front of her is forgotten until all she can see is the danger her friends and family are facing all around her.

Rhodey is knocked out of the sky once more when a large hunk of metal smashes into his side. T'Challa is thrown down and as he tries to crawl away, an outrider pounces on him, dragging him back so that others can attack him as well. Steve is pushed against a rock, trying to fight off as many as he can before he's tackled to the side and converged upon. The Hulk Buster is taken down to the ground and Bruce's panicked voice echoes in their comms as the outriders crawl all over the suit, yanking and tearing at the metal.

And then she sees Proxima.

Svetlana's small hands curl tightly into fists at the sight of the alien on the other side of the battlefield, a smirk on Proxima's lips as she slowly stalks forward - completely untouched by the war so far. A low angry breath exits Svet's mouth and her soft eyes narrow. The redhead sharply turns to look up at the outrider on top of her, viciously punching her fist underneath its chin and then plunging her silver blade through its head.

The nearly seventeen year old lets out a quick little "ick" at the sight before she shoves the dead thing off her and hurriedly gets back to her feet. Svet takes just two steps forward when her morning sky eyes find a familiar dark head through the chaos.