A Bright Future

He considered himself to be a seasoned actor by now, having worked on countless dramas and TV shows.

So when the plot to this drama landed on his lap, he knew it was going to be a winner and quickly leapt on the opportunity.

It was a drama about this helicopter carrying four soldiers that crash landed in rural enemy territory, in the middle of a starving village mostly full of the elderly or children. It was all about how they had to work together to protect each other and help one another.

It wasn't something he had ever seen before so he was excited to be a part of this.

One of the more interesting things about this project was his castmate, Wang He Di. He was a young rising star. He was cast to play the co-lead, a young pilot in the army.

He had thought he was going to be very immature but Wang He Di actually turned out to be very enjoyable and charming to work with. Though he was playful, he got into character quite easily and even if he was still not a seasoned actor and even if he never had any formal acting education, he conveyed the character with such skill that he was often taken aback at how talented this young man was.

He also knew the right things to do to break the mood on set and lift everybody's spirits.

He was also very attentive and caring to the kids on the set, acting like an older brother to all of them.

The one thing he was very private about was his love life. He was an attractive guy and so, in the beginning, some of them would tease him about all of the female fans who love him. Wang He Di would just shrug them off with a smile. Looking back now, it was not that Wang He Di was necessarily trying to hide anything but more of protecting someone and making sure that the cast were trustworthy and would respect his privacy.

One day though, he walked into the makeup trailer to the sound of a woman singing. He had never heard anything like it before and it was a lovely song. He came in to see that there was no actual singing woman in the makeup trailer but Wang He Di holding up his phone to his ear. After he complimented the nameless woman's voice, Wang He Di told him that it was actually his girlfriend. He told him that one of the many ways they kept in touch through him filming here was that they would send songs to one another and because he really loved her voice she agreed.

After that, his girlfriend finally made her first appearance on set. It was Shen Yue, the actress that stared with Wang He Di in his first acting role. It seemed like their chemistry on the show (his nieces were big fans) was completely genuine and the pair looked to be completely serious about one another. She was also just as hilarious in person as she was in interviews.

She visited set often, or as often as one could with them filming off location. Everybody loved her from the cast to the kids to the crew so her presence on set was never a problem.

Everybody could tell how happy she made him, his face instantly lighting up whenever she was near. The pranks her and the kids pulled on him and the pranks him and the kids pulled on her made everybody crack up laughing.

A couple hours ago he had seen them walking up the hill before she tripped him and he brought her to the ground with him laughing. He had seen them shared a kiss before laying back and just looking at the sky.

He could see them now returning to his trailer with her on his back, both of them with smiles on their faces.

He had a feeling that what they had would last and he knew that he along with all of the cast and crew would do their best to support them.

He couldn't wait to see what lied in the future for his cast-mate Wang He Di.

He was sure it was going to be incredible.
——
A/N: Because Shen Yue has a beautiful singing voice (look it up on YouTube) and I am sure that Didi is as big of a fan of that voice, if not bigger, as the rest of the world is. :)