The Best Encouragement

He was nervous.

The game started in 15 minutes and he come to an empty locker room to breathe a little after hearing the coach run through the game plan.

He had messed up his hair so much that he knew he needed to fix it before he ran on to the court but his hands were shaking so much.

Basketball was such a large part of his life and he knew he could play but this was such a major tournament and he didn't want to let anybody down.

Suddenly he heard the door open.

And then he heard a "Hey"

He turned around as quickly as he thinks he's ever done in his life to see her.

She came!

He immediately bound over and wrapped her in his arms, lifting her off the ground so he could bury his head in her neck as the tension disappeared from his shoulders.

"I'm so glad you're here" He whispered into her neck.

She leaned up and gave him a kiss and told him

"There's no place I'd rather be."

She then pulled him over to a bench.

"Let me fix your hair."

Her fingers in his hair made him smile as she braided his hair to get it out of his eyes. 

"I am absolutely confident in you and your basketball skills. You are a natural. Have fun and you will do great!"

He spun around and pulled her onto his lap, kissing her nose.

"Yeah?"

"Of course! I am your biggest fan!"

He saw that she was wearing his jersey with his number on it as well as the necklace he got her for her birthday.

"I will be in the stands cheering for you every minute."

She saw the clock before he did and started adjusting his arm band and his jersey. 

"You better get going. The game is going to start soon. I'll come find you after the game is over too"

He didn't want to let her go but he knew he had to. They walked to the entrance of the empty locker room and he leaned down to give her a passionate kiss. They parted once they were both out of breath before he gave her a gentle peck, both of them smiling. 

"Good Luck!" She said with a smile before spinning around to head towards the stands.

As he headed to the court, he knew that she was the best encouragement he ever had.