Three Wishes

zhù ni shengrì kuàilè,

zhù ni xìngfú , zhù ni jiànkang

zhù ni qiántú guang míng.

zhù ni shengrì kuàilè,

zhù ni xìngfú, zhù ni jiàn kang,

you gè wennuan jiatíng.

22.

She was 22. She had been 22 for a handful of hours now still it hadn't yet sunk in.

She heard a chant of "Three Wishes! Three Wishes!" come from her mooncakes and from the announcer to her right.

Three Wishes.

三 (sān).

Her grandmother was a huge fan of numerology and the significance of numbers and she knew that it was a lucky number.

It sounded like 生 (shēng) which meant "to live" or "life".

She was only 22 but she felt like she had lived such a life already.

From its humble beginnings in cooking with her grandmother and watching her brother take his first steps towards her babbling her name and being a normal university girl working towards her diploma, to having her face appear on billboards all around the world as she stepped into character's shoes to tell their story and having crowds of people gathered together just for her.

She felt incredibly lucky.

Wishes.. right.

One.

"I wish that all mooncakes, staff, friends and the people that love me to be healthy and happy!"

She thinks of the smiling and cheerful faces that video called her that morning to wish her a happy birthday.

She thinks of her father who told her of the importance of growing wiser as you get older. She thought of her mother who smiled and told her that they were both incredibly proud of her and couldn't believe how fast time had flown. She thinks of her brother who laughed as he told her "Jie you're getting old!" and seconds later patted the camera telling it "Don't worry. You're still my favorite sister!" She thinks of her grandmother who smiled up at her with crinkling eyes and said that she was blossoming more every day into a beautiful flower with strong roots.

She thinks of the group of friends she is proud to have made over the years, both old and new, who have stuck with her through thick and thin.

She looks at the smiling faces of the mooncakes around her and can pick out her manager and her staff amongst the crowd.

She wants nothing less for all of them then health and happiness.

She wants each and every one of them to live a fully life that is long and full of joy, peace and laughter so they could remain forever by her side.

Two.

"I hope that my brother will grow up well and become someone more outstanding than me." —" because I'm already quite good already"

She snuck that last bit in with a laugh.

From the moment he opened his eyes when she held him for the first time and trapped her finger in his chubby grip, she was sold.

Yes, there were some times when she wanted to give him back to the stork who delivered him like those moments he ate all of her favorite food or destroyed her homework, but he was her companion.