|i|

classes passed by relatively quick for the first day, nothing really being told but the dress code and basic class procedures.

minho, seungmin, jisung, hyunjin, and felix all had the same lunch period, everyone standing in line and filling up their tray whereas the oldest boy just grabbing a bottle of water.

they picked a table to the side of the cafeteria, away from the confusion and nonsense of the other students. everyone sitting by their respective partners, seungmin awkwardly hanging on the end by hyunjin, felix to his left and the minsung couple across from them. they sat in silence, no conversation topics arising until the faint rumble of minho's stomach was heard.

"are you hungry? you can have some of my food, i grabbed a lot." hyunjin offered.

minho politely refused saying he was on a detox while playing with the top of his water bottle, taking in his surroundings. jisung was typing away on his new iphone, hyunjin was singing a rico nasty song while felix was trying to make him stop, and seungmin was focused on hyunjin, enthralled by everything he did.

during the early morning, minho was so focused on getting jisung ready that he completely disregarded his antidepressants, leaving him irritable for the day. the clicking of the keyboard and hyunjin's extraness was driving him over the edge, making tears build in his eyes from frustration.

hyunjin stopped his rendition of 'rage' as he noticed minho's silent tears.

"are you okay hun?" he asked quietly, not trying to set the boy off.

"are you okay?" the older boy snapped back.

"why are you asking me if i'm okay i'm lovely?"

"no i just mean, you're a little bit more, uh, extra than usual."

"i'm confused."

"everyone can't laugh to cover up their pain like you hyunjin." minho chuckled, sarcasm laced in his voice.

"me? sad? do i look sad to you? i'm so happy, i'm ecstatic! look at this smile," hyunjin's voice cracked as he suddenly stood up and walked away from the lunch table, as his own tears fell. minho had hit a soft spot he only knew about.

"i've got it." felix announced, also taking his leave from the table, leaving the others to sit in a thick silence.