|b|

on the other side of town, a boy was trying to calm down his overly irritated older brother and stop his mother from relapsing. too much was going on in the young boy's life. his mother has recently reappeared so he moved back in with her. he'd taken in his older brother because his own mother couldn't deal with his anger any longer. his boyfriend was going through some unspoken things, and he was neglecting his own mental health.

he was desperately trying to help changbin through his break up while trying to avoid his own. he thought minho would be so much happier without him. the way jisung felt like towards minho was like seasonal allergies. sometimes they leave and you're fine, but they come back and ruin your week again.

he didn't know that it wasn't completely his fault, that minho had been refusing his antidepressants and skipping meals. his patience was growing thin, depression even deeper, but he still made sure minho was happy.

down the street from the school a blonde haired boy was trying to sneak through his bedroom window into his old house. his parents had disowned him long ago, kicking him out when he was only thirteen. he had come out to them, bringing his best friend at the time who happened to be male to the home. the religious family rejected his lifestyle immediately and he ended up living with hyunjin.

still, he knew their schedules, and would come when they left, to visit his younger brother who was perfect in their eyes unlike their mistake of an older son. he and his brother would hold conversations for hours, his brother being his only true friend. he loved felix for who he was, and even though he wasn't around he was a role model in the ten year old's eyes, making felix's life feel like it held purpose.

at the moment the boy was living in an orphanage, collecting spare money from his ex boyfriend so he could get clothes and eventually get himself an apartment. minho's foster mother couldn't let felix stay in the home due to some rules she had to follow. the boy had to walk to school, a bus fee every morning and afternoon not being in his budget, nor was refilling his friends tanks, or informing him of the situation.

he had to keep a positive vibe around his acquaintances, after all he was the one who brought most of the smiles to their faces. he never told them how hard the break up actually was for him, hyunjin being the boy's first source of real love besides his brother. chan was just a temporary solution to a temporary problem. he didn't show them how hard it was to fake his happiness everyday. they had everything right in front of them, but the fact that they wouldn't just fix everything that was broken was dumb to him.

in an apartment by the river, a boy let dirty hands roam his body. he felt guilty, for the hands touching him weren't his boyfriend's, but a man who would later pay money for his actions. the teen knew it was wrong and illegal but he had medical bills to pay for his mother and bills at his mother's house that he currently lived in.

he had told felix he could come back and live him, but he insisted that he would be fine and only a burden on his pockets. his father had died a few years ago, and his mother was fighting for her life in the hospital. he had no real disciplinary force in his life to tell him no, his friends only really joking with him not knowing the real severity.

it was a routine that repeated every other night, he would say he was going out with a made up friend and end up at some dingy shack where people would come but people to service them sexually. he couldn't explain the love bites and manly musk that laid on his skin when he would return to his lover, or the wad of cash he would hide in his inner jacket pockets. he would split the money in fourths. some for his mom, his rent, felix, and his savings.

hyunjin was too deep in to quit. he's been going through since he was with changbin, using it as another call for attention, but maybe not the kind he was really looking for. every night he lived in fear that maybe he would get caught by the police, or someone would recognize him. no one had picked up on the boy's whereabouts, no one had seen anything wrong.

no one knew about their friends lives after they left school.

this story seems hella jumpy right now but it's going to make sense soon. someone of y'all probably read this earlier but i changed some things. anyways, i'm still thinking about discontinuing this story but i probably won't. i also posted a new story called 'demons' it has a pretty interesting concept that i came up with at like 1 am. but also, if you have any chapter requests you can ask here because i'm still trying to get the plot together and what not so yea. bye for now