|u|

after sending his text to hyunjin, minho turned off his alarm, choosing not to go to school the next day. a dreamless sleep took over the boy, the constant ringing of the doorbell waking him up. his foster mother opened the door for whoever, minho coming up with the possible guests at this hour in his head. his bedroom door muffled the knock from the other side, the sliver knob turning and jisung entering his room.

"hey babe you're gonna be late if we don't leave now." jisung muttered.

"i'm not going."

"you can't just make that decision."

"well i just did so can you go so i can go back to sleep?" minho flatly said.

"what's wrong with you? your attitude has been off the charts and i'm trying to be nice but you're not really giving me much to work with."

"it's called depression jisung." minho mumbled.

"well how do i make you not depressed?"

minho chuckled, "it doesn't work that way sweets, good try though."

"ugh fine," jisung grunted sitting at the foot of the blanket covered bed. "you're still going to school though. you have to introduce yourself to the rest of your teachers and talk through whatever thing you and hyunjin have going on right now."

"yea that's cute, how about no because school started thirty minutes ago and i would rather just stay-," minho was cut off by a stray pair of jeans and a teeshirt hitting him in the face. jisung then threw the covers off the older boy, snatching his legs and pulling him off the queen bed and dragging him by the ankle into the bathroom.

"pee. shower. brush your teeth. take your pills. i'm going to give you twenty minutes to get your life together, love you bye." jisung ordered before walking out and locking the door behind him.

"i fucking hate him ugh." minho sounded after he figured the younger boy was out of earshot.

he quickly got ready, the time showering they already missed the first class of the day. he wasn't upset though. as far as he knew that was the only class he had with hyunjin for the day so he didn't have to confront him so early.

the couple ended up taking their time getting to school, arriving towards the end of their second class, lunch shortly approaching. the group of friends minus the minsung couple was already seated at the table, holding a conversation probably about minho and stuffing their faces with processed foods. as the couple came into their view they quickly cut off whatever chatter they had created and instead glared at the oldest boy.

"hyunjin i-,"

"save your breath. i already said i didn't want to talk to you."

minho didn't say anything after that, instead pulling out his phone and pretending to do something, the feeling of guilt and hurt brewing in his stomach and pushing tears to the front of his eyes. he quietly sniffled before excusing himself from the table and going to the bathroom, where he sat in the corner of the handicapped stall and let everything out. he didn't know why he was so affected, he didn't even cry as hard when jisung left unannounced almost a year ago. he finally had made a few friends and had ruined it in only a couple of months over a insensitive comment.

ultimately, he blamed himself. he blamed himself for not taking his pills, and for taking it that far in the first place. he blamed himself for not telling jisung the night before that he didn't need to be walked to school, so he could had stayed home instead of being forced to wake up. he blamed himself for sitting at the table instead of at another one to let hyunjin breathe for a moment. now here he was, sitting on a dirty bathroom floor crying over his own mistakes.

"minnie are you in here?" a voice spoke softly, feet becoming visible under the bottom of the stall.

minho covered his mouth to muffle the sobs, hoping that whoever came looking for him would just go away and not keep checking for him. the other person sat with their back against the stall door, minho finally identifying the person as hyunjin by their outfit.

"let me just explain it all to you."