one

"If we helped your dream and your life a bit by our existence, our music, our performance, our pictures or videos, even if it's not big, if we could reduce your pain from 100 to 99, 98 or 97, that makes our existence worthy."

-Kim Namjoon

YOONGI

"Yoongi! Wake up." The most annoying voice to start my day called me and decided to ruin my sleep-Hoseok. He began pulling out my blanket and threw all my pillows on the floor. This rascal...

I responded with a groan and ignored his wake up call. "Yoongi! Don't tell me you forgot again."

This time, I opened my eyes to know what he's talking about. He really looked upset, eyes sinking. "Forgot what?"

"Dude, you promised that you're going to the beach with me. Remember?" he pouted while trying to pull me up. "You said that you're gonna try to communicate with other people?"

"Oh, that. Fine but do we have to go this early?" I complained, groaning. Hobi was always annoying but he never came to the point where he'll nag. I don't understand why I have to be as friendly as he is.

"Dude! Are you kidding me? It's almost lunch time! So get up and let's go."

Ugh, I really hate talking to other people. Hoseok's lucky because I decided to talk to him before. Or it was him who talked to me?

I was sitting alone at the cafeteria, eating lunch. What's new? Being alone is my talent and I'm enjoying it.

"Hi! My name is Hoseok, Hobi or you can call me anything. Since you're alone, I'm your friend now." The weirdo who keeps on smiling suddenly popped out of nowhere and sat in front of me.

"No, I don't care and I don't want to." I bluntly said, not caring about how he will react.

"A no is not accepted. If you won't agree, I'm gonna kill myself." He smiled as if he won something. He is indeed, a weirdo. "I don't care."

"I'm gonna tell everyone you're gay." He insisted still holding that annoying smile. What the fuck.

"Fine! Now will you shut up?" I yelled and because of that, I gained some stares from the other students.

"Yay! What is your name by the way?"

"Yoongi. Min Yoongi."

"Hi Yoongi, I'm Hoseok, Hobi and Ho-"

"Shut up."

I still can't believe how I ended up being friends with this over extrovert guy. It's been years since I met him. I think it was when we we're 7th grade? We're grown adults now and I think our friendship is something to be proud of.

° ° °

"Hobi! It's too hot here! Ugh, I shouldn't have agreed to come with you." I complained and collapse myself on the sand. "I'm just gonna sleep here. You can go ahead and enjoy."

"Hyung, no! C'mon man, look there's a lot of hot and dazzling ladies out there. Stop being a grandpa and get your ass up here." Hobi persuaded me by pulling my arms up. On the second thought, why not? So I got up just like what he wants.

There's nothing special here. Hot and dazzling ladies my ass. The both of us are just casually walking on the white sand under the sun. Hobi is in his usual self, the friendly and approachable one. He literally knows everyone here and I'm not even surprised. I wonder if he even get tired on smiling all day.

We sat down on the sand because I'm tired of walking. "Hey Hobi, did you bring some snacks? I'm kind of hungry." I asked.

"Have you forgotten hyung? We didn't bring any food but that's okay. I'll just buy some snacks. Wait for me." Hobi ran off to the store. Why did we even came here without bringing anything?

Now I am left alone and I found myself feeling relaxed by the sound of the waves. If I would just ignore the crowd and focus...nature is indeed beautiful. Why didn't I realize it sooner? Probably because I'm stuck inside my cave, away from people except Hoseok.

While staring at the waves, I saw a figure of a woman coming out from the water. "Little mermaid..." unconsciously came out of my mouth. It was a very beautiful lady who looks like the little mermaid. She was wearing a green and purple bikini that emphasizes her curves. I have to mention her long silky hair that is flowing gracefully in the wind and her smile looked like it can cure cancer. I can't believe what my naked eyes just saw. She's, she's so perfect. Perfect for me.

I never seen anyone like her, never in my entire life.

"Hyung I'm back, I bought hamburgers and sprite." I heard Hobi said.

"Hoseok, I think I'm in love with a mermaid." I breathlessly uttered while staring intensely at the mermaid. Hobi sat beside me as I took the burger.

"You mean Jennie?"

"So her name is Jennie? You know her?" My face lit up. It'll be easier to approach her.

"I don't think so Hyung..." Hobi pursed as he shook his head to show disapproval.

What?

"Why? Is she taken already? Does she have a boyfriend? Is she a single mom? I don't care if she's a single mom as long as I love her." I questioned feeling frustrated and worried. Don't tell me I failed again? I mean I had a girlfriend before but they didn't have the same effect Jennie had on me.

"Easy there hyung." He chuckled. "Well, the thing is, she doesn't have a boyfriend. In fact, I heard she never had a boyfriend before."

"Then what could be the problem?" My brows furrowed because I can't understand Hobi's point. Does he like Jennie too? Well it's not impossible because he knows her.

"Jennie doesn't a boyfriend however, she has a girlfriend. Yes, a girlfriend because she's a bisexual. Her girlfriend is Lisa if you're interested." Hobi explained that made my heart sink and my jaw drop. What the actual fuck? Is he kidding me?

"Look hyung, that's Lisa, her girlfriend." Hobi pointed at their direction and I saw how that girl Lisa kissed Jennie in front of us. Holy shit it is true.

I don't care if she has a girlfriend and besides she's a bisexual so that means Jennie is attracted to boys too. I always get what I want especially if I'm determined to get it. Min Yoongi won't stop just because of that Lisa. Giving up is not in my vocabulary. I'll have Jennie in no time. I didn't realize I was already smirking, eyes on Jennie and Lisa.

"Hyung... I don't like that look of yours. You're not planning something bad right?"

I just shrugged.

Am I?

× • ×

Thank you for reading~~