five

“It's been five years since we debuted. Just the boys with many dreams. We had nothing but we have many things now. We were only dreaming but we became a dream of someone. Life is full of choices and regrets. I'm scared and so are we. We dreamed about flying high up in the sky. But it's too high and cold. It's harder to catch our breath. The brighter the light on us, the darker the shadow. What a relief that we have seven members. What a relief that we have each other.”

- What a Relief , poem by Min Yoongi

YOONGI

"J-j-jennie?" I gulped as my eyes widened at the sight of Jennie crying.

She sniffed and wiped some of her tears and asked. "Aren't you Yoongi? The friend of Lisa's friend, Hobi?"

She remembers me. Jennie remembered me!

"That's right, I'm Yoongi." I agreed, nodding. "Will you tell me now what's wrong?" Jennie looked at me with doubt in her stares. She might be hesitating to tell me probably because technically, I'm still a stranger.

"A friend of Hobi is also a friend of mine. Don't worry, it's better to confess to a stranger because they won't judge you. I promise, I won't judge you Jennie."

The atmosphere felt so heavy because both of us refused to speak. Well, it lasted for a few minutes because Jennie did speak.

"I-i broke up with Lisa today." She said, almost a whisper.

Should I rejoice? Damn it, I've been waiting for this day to come but I can't smile knowing that she's hurting.

"May I know the reason behind it? Maybe I can help you guys fix it."

Wow, I'm a great pretender and a faker.

"You can't do anything about it. My parents are completely against my relationship with Lisa. They didn't like the thought of having a bisexual daughter. And because I'm an obedient daughter, I broke up with her. I never liked disappointing my parents and I just did it." Jennie explained blow by blow and by the way she said that, it must affected her so much.

"Why would they do that to you? They shouldn't hinder things that can make you happy!" My brows furrowed and raised my voice a bit. I think I kind of slammed my hands on the table lightly.

"No! They're not like that." Jennie shook her head sideways simultaneously to show disapproval. "They're the best parents I could ever imagine. Mom and dad would support me in everything except for this one. They love me with all of their heart and I felt that with their hugs and kisses. Mom and dad did not fail as parents. Maybe they just want the best for me and they think breaking up with Lisa is one of them. I would do everything to make them happy and if breaking up with her will make them happy, I would never hesitate to do it."

Jennie loves her mom and dad more than herself. Shit, I don't think I can fall deeper than anyone could.

"Let's say that you're right. The thing is, are you really fine with that? Are you okay after breaking up with Lisa?" I questioned and rested my chin on my palm.

"I have to be okay. I'll cry for weeks and try my best to move on." Jennie shrugged and let out a soft chuckle.

"I'm just wondering, why do you love Lisa?" My curiosity is empowering my whole system.

"Well, ever since I was in highschool, Lisa was always there. No one dared to talk to me or befriend with me probably because I'm weird. She became my crying shoulder. She made me laugh, happy and loved. She was the first person who took the courage to get to know me. Lisa was very protective with me and threatened all of my suitors that time when people started to finally recognize me." Jennie giggled for a second. "And then, one day, she confessed that she's a lesbian and told her true feelings towards me. Lisa kissed me that day and I was really confused. I must admit that at first, I was uneasy and uncomfortable but as time goes by, I fell in love too because she made me realize that there's nothing wrong with it."

After hearing her story about Lisa and her, I realized one thing.

"Jennie? Why do I feel like you're not really in love with her?"

Her brows furrowed and a puzzled expression is shown. "What do you mean I'm not in love?"

"What if you're just overwhelmed with the fact that Lisa is the only person you have and you have mistaken that for love? You said that she made you realize that there's nothing wrong with it, yes she's right but I think she took advantage of your innocence. Lisa shouldn't have confused you because basically, after hearing your explanation, I feel like Lisa is one of the reason why you had a hard time having friends. She didn't let you have one by trapping you."

"Yoongi." Jennie called.

"I know, I'm sorry for saying bullshits in this situation."

"Why do I feel like you're right?" My eyes met Jennie's gaze that is full of frustration.

Damn, Jennie... And at that moment I knew , I fucked up... I'm fucking late to work.

× • ×

Wow! This story has 100 reads already and that actually means a lot to me~ I wasn't expecting people to read this but thank you so much! I'll try my very best to update more. Thank you, thank you!