nine

"Don't cry, I love you."

-Kim Jennie to a fan

YOONGI

Ahh... It makes me feel euphoric every time I'll wake up in the morning, knowing that Jennie is my girlfriend now. I just love that girl so much that I want to tie her beside me just to be with her 24/7.

While having my breakfast, I dialed my girlfriend's number.

Sorry, please try your call later.

Huh? I dialed once again.

Sorry, please try your call later.

"Damn it, just what is she doing early in the morning that she can't pick up her phone?" I hissed while munching my bread. We haven't been talking since yesterday because I assumed we're both busy at work.

Maybe she just turned off her phone or left it somewhere. However, my instincts is trying to tell me that I should go look for her. Ugh, what if I'm just being paranoid eh? When did I start being clingy? This feels so odd, maybe I should go to their house.

I've decided to skip work today because not Jennie's not picking up her phone and it's making me uncomfortable.

To Hobi:

I'm not going to work today. I have to do something.

I rushed to the Kim's Residence after sending the text to Hobi. I couldn't stay still even when I rang their doorbell. I was too worried, I guess.

"Oh my, thank God you're here Yoongi!" Mom pulled my wrists to get me inside the house. She looked so pale and worried, also?

"What's happening? I couldn't contact Jennie that's why I came here. Where is she?" I asked her and we both sat on their couch as Dad approached us.

"She's not here. Our Jennie did not come home since yesterday. We thought she's just in the hospital working over time but it turned out she's not even at work yesterday." Mom explained, voice shaking in a worry.

"We couldn't contact you because we don't have your number." Dad added, trying to calm his anxious wife down.

"Jennie and I didn't spoke with each other yesterday because I thought we're both busy in our work. I'm so sorry that this happened, I should've watched over her. Don't worry, I'll look for her and bring your daughter back." I reassured them and left the house without a concrete plan on how am I going to find my girlfriend.

"Where on earth are you, Jennie?" I uttered under my breath as I looked blankly on my phone.

Just then, I remembered the place where I found her crying. I called on a cab to take me to that convenience store.

So, it turns out that she's not there. The store was empty. I walked forward and went to my workplace, BigHit Entertainment (it's BigHit Labels now I know.)

I looked for my best friend, Hoseok.

"Hyung! You're here? I thought you're going to do something important today?" Hobi asked me looking so puzzled for my sudden appearance.

"Yeah, I am. I'm looking for Jennie." I answered.

"You went to the wrong place. She works in a hospital right? Tsk, bold of you to call yourself, Jennie's boyfriend."

"She's missing."

"Missing? WHAT?" Hobi yelled as if he's Jennie's dad.

"Yes she is, so if ever she'll come here, call me immediately."

"Okay, don't worry."

The sun is gone already but still no signs of Jennie. It was so hard for me to look for her because I couldn't contact some of her friends.

I went to all the near places that she could possibly go but I couldn't find her anywhere.

Where the hell are you, baby?

I'm starting to think that maybe she's just mad because I didn't called her yesterday but that's too childish and I don't think she'll disappear just because of that.

I haven't eaten nor drank anything yet. I'm just here, stuck in a bench for I ran out of places to search for. Should I go ask some help to the police? I should get her home today, I promised that to her parents.

My legs hurt from all the walking I did and I look pathetic right now. 

"Mister! do you want some bread?" a little kid suddenly appeared in front of me.

"Where are your parents, kid?" I looked around to check if he's with someone. "They went to buy a drink for me." he answered and sat comfortably beside me.

"Mister, I asked you if you want some bread. You looked hungry." The little boy pouted and insisted to give me his bread. Well, he's not wrong, I'm actually pretty hungry from searching.

"Are you sure I can take it?"

He nodded.

"Why are you alone here, mister? Is there something bothering you?" He asked innocently out of the blue. I stared at him for a moment and answered, "My girlfriend is missing since yesterday and I'm looking for her. What do you think should I do?"

"Hmm. Maybe you should ask some animals to look for your girlfriend because you look so tired already." he suggested and I just smiled at him. He's an intelligent kid huh.

"Seungjae-ya! Why are you bothering him? Come now, I told you to stay right there." I think that's his dad calling for him. "I'm so sorry for Seungjae."

"It's alright, sir. He's a sweet kid."

While looking at them leave, my phone rang.

It's Jennie.

Thank goodness! Where
are you Jennie? Are you alright?
Where have you been?

I'm at Han River. Fetch
me here, Yoongi.

I'll be there in
no time, stay there
okay?

I hurriedly ran to Han River which is just a few steps away from where I am. It didn't take me a long time to spot my girlfriend.

"Yoongi!" she called and I responded with a long, tight embrace. Jennie's eyes are swollen and she looked pale.

"Where have you been huh? What happened to you?" I asked with my arms still wrapped around her. We stayed in that position for some minutes because she wasn't answering so I just kissed her head.

Jennie suddenly pulled away from my hug. Avoiding my gaze then she spoke, "Yoongi, let's break up."

♡☽ ♡

i know, i know, it's too quick 😅
well, just stay safe and always wash your hands!
also, can i get a teeny tiny star again? 😅