Ch. 36 Last Breath

Taehyung pov

        We all didn't know what to do with the information Laon just said. Should we believe it? Was Jin really working with him to have me killed? No, this has to be all fake Jin wouldn't betray us.

        "Jin is it— is it true?" Namjoon asks nervously as if he doesn't really want an answer.

         Jin hangs his head lowly before mumbling a small, "Yes."

          "Yep little did you all know you had a mole within you. Oh and Taehyung you would have been dead had Jin not gone soft on me. In the hospital when you attempted suicide he was going to suffocate you, or give you to much medicine, hell he might of just let you bleed out. His damn brother got in the way though with his feelings for you. Fucking disgusting faggots!" Laon says still holding tightly to his grip on Jin.

          Every word echoing into my ears like a thousand sounds all at once over lapping each other slamming into my mind. I don't want to believe it. I want it all to be fake I want this nightmare to end.

           "Yoongi did you ever tell them the true plan or better yet who referred me to have you kill him?" Laon said smirking like the Cheshire Cat. "Maybe I'll just tell them for you!"

            Yoongi looked ashamed. He glanced back at me saying a sorry to both me and Jungkook, who was currently holding me back from rushing forward and ending it all.

            "Jin here wanted to help his dear old brother out with his hatred for you Taehyung. So he finds me someone who wants you dead and cuts a deal. We lured both you and Jungkook to the party where Namjoon and Jimin kidnap you. When you arrive in Las Vegas you were to be killed by none other than your boyfriend, Jungkook, but instead they were soft hearted for you two and let you both live. So Jin still being under contract with me tried many different ways to have you killed. That man you shot was men Jin sent after you two—"

             "You're lying!" I screeched finally tearing away from Jungkook and barging my way past everyone.

            Jin looked up in shock and yelled for me to go back to hide or else he'll kill me. That's what I came here to do though to kill him, to end this once and for all. I ignored Jin's pleads and Jungkook's and Yoongi's yells for me to get back. I held my ground in between Laon and my friends.

             "Well look who grew a pair while they've been gone." Laon chucked

            "You're the coward and always will be, not me. I'm not power hungry like you." I spat back disgusted by the man.

           "Taehyung get the fuck back! We can't kill him with Jin in the way, but he can shoot you!" Yoongi yelled at me, but I didn't move.

            I looked back at Jin and his eyes widened at a idea he must have had. The next thing I know he reaches his arm up to where Laon held the gun to his head, and before Laon could stop him he pulled the trigger.

            The ringing sound of the bang and the thud of Jin's lifeless body hitting the floor will forever echo in my ears. Both Jungkook and Namjoon screamed out helpless cries as more blood seeped from the hole in the side of his head. I felt warm tears slide down my cheeks.

           No matter what Jin had conspired against me he was still a good man, and will forever be missed. Though he could have kill me dozens of times he didn't and I'm thanking for that.

           "Ehh he was a waste of oxygen anyways." Laon said chuckling a bit. "Now let's deal with you." He says turning his gun on me, but Jungkook was quick to shoot in from of me.

            "You won't hurt him! You took my brother, but you will not take my lover!" Jungkook shouted at the power hungry man.

             I tried pushing him away, but he wouldn't budge. He held steady. He pleaded to me to run and I didn't I kept trying to drag him out of my way to let me deal with this.

           "Jungkook please trust me. I'll be fine let me do this." I begged finally gaining a sliver of his attention.

           He stared at me not wanting to do as I asked, but finally he gave in. "As long as you promise you'll be alright." He said before stepping back telling everyone to be ready to shoot.

            "Let's settle this Laon." I said turning my attention back to the man positioning his gun to aim right at my chest.

           "Gladly."

           Bang! Bang!

            Two gun shots rang out in the air. The sound forever echoing in my ears. I heard the screams and cries, but I regretted nothing in this moment, if I wouldn't have died now it would have been soon, only my own finger would be to blame for the gun shot.

            I smiled sweetly at the excruciating pain that seared though my chest making my entire body go weak.

Jungkook pov

         "Taehyung no!" I screamed as the bullet Laon shot hit him straight in the chest.

          Yoongi shot immediately after hitting Laon in the head. Both of them dropping to the floor with loud thuds. I rushed over to Taehyung checking for signs of life.

         Pressing my fingers to his neck I felt the weak pulse pumping blood though his body. The warm stream of tears sliding down my cheeks and blurring my vision slightly.

       "Taehyung! Tae baby! Please wake up!" I cried shaking his shoulders slightly.

         Gently his eyes fluttered open landing on me. He smiled his notorious box smile some blood staining his teeth from where his lungs are collapsing. I could bare to see him like this I heard Yoongi calling for a ambulance hoping it would arrive fast, but deep down I knew Taehyung wouldn't make it out of here alive.

           Gingerly he reached for my hand and I grasped in without hesitation laying my head into his shoulder.

           " K-Kookie I-I love y-you." He whispered in my ear and I shot my head up to look at him.

           "I love you too Tae! Just hang in there the ambulance is on their way." I cried harder as he nodded his head faintly.

             "I'm going to take a nap I'll see you when I wake up ok?" Taehyung said so softly I could barely hear.

             "No Taehyung! Stay with me!" There was no use in my words Taehyung was gone.

             I watched as he inhaled his last breath and exhaled his chest no longer rising again. No more subtle movements of his body. He was gone, dead, and never returning.

             I leaned down pressing one last kiss to his beautiful lips tasting his blood and the saltiness of my tears. I felt someone pull me away and I didn't fight tough I wanted to stay next to Taehyung I felt my body loaded into a ambulance along side Taehyung.

             We took down Laon, but did we truly win?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Two more chapters then this book is complete!

Probably gonna die after this chapter but oh well!