Ring

"I'm too young to marry right now. But please except this ring. Because one day I will marry you and we'll be together as long as you wear this ring."
I stared down at the ring on my finger. The small diamonds on it reflected the small kitchen light as I sat in my old house. It was almost midnight and my head still spun by Jungkook's proposal. Well, not really a proposal. A future proposal.
I sighed and stretched my back. Tomorrow, Jungkook had his last day of school. Then the next day he would leave for Seoul and leave us, including me, behind. I closed my eyes and took a shaky breath. As long as I wear this ring and he wears his, we'll be together.
I slowly got up and trudged to my bed, reluctantly laying down. The small stones on the ring shone in the moonlight and I smiled. Jungkook did love me, didn't he. I didn't know when he would decide he'd be ready, but I now had something to look forward to. I was ready to drop everything for him tomorrow, in a month, even in a year. I just have to wait until Jungkook's ready to settle down.
That morning, as I walked to the Jeon house, I could feel my throat close. Jungkook's last day here, he was leaving tomorrow morning. Mrs. Jeon asked me to spend the night there so I didn't have to wake up so early. I honestly didn't want to see him leave, but I still had my ring.
    As I walked through the door, I immediately walked up the steps to wake up Jungkook. Inside his bedroom, I had to stop to make sure I could still breathe. I walked up to his bed and reached out, stroking his soft hair. His face looked so at ease and his cheek was smooshed from being against the mattress, making his slightly chubby cheeks look even chubbier.
    I gently closed my eyes and thought back to last night. After Jungkook said those words I stared at him with big, watery eyes. I felt like an enormous weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I threw myself on him, engulfing him in a hug. I began sobbing and trying to say "yes Jungkook!" but I failed to say it without cutting off the end with a sob. He hugged me back with an adorable bunny smile on his face. When we pulled away, he slipped the ring on my ring finger and gave me a soft, romantic kiss. "I'll always love you, (Y/n). Don't hurt yourself while I'm gone. You're beautiful, don't let anyone or yourself tell you otherwise."
    I smiled and shook Jungkook awake softly. He groaned and rolled over. I sighed, not wanting to wake him up, and leaned over top of him. "Jungkookie. You have to get up. You still have school today," I said sternly. He opened his eyes at the sound of my voice and gave me a gently smile.
    "Good morning future 'Jeon (Y/n),'" he said teasingly. He reached up, ruffled my hair, and kissed my jaw. I pulled away, flustered by his actions and words. But never had I felt so happy and loved. I grabbed the edge of his satin sheets and pulled them back roughly. I immediately regretted it seeing that he was wearing just his boxers, instead of pajama pants and a shirt like he did when it was cooler.
    Jungkook smirked cockily. "Like what you see?" He asked full of pride as he sat up and put his hand behind the nape of my neck. He pulled me closer with a look on his face and I didn't want to figure out the emotion behind it. All he did was kiss the top of my nose, though, and give me a playful smile.
    I pushed him away and smiled. He shot me an innocent look as I rolled my eyes. "Get up and get ready for your last day of school," I said, not being able to wipe the smile off my face. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where both Mr. and Mrs. Jeon sat. They gave me knowing smiles before turning back to what they were doing before.
    I began cooking a large breakfast when Mrs. Jeon set down her book and walked over. "That's a lovely ring, (Y/n). I think you're the first person Kookie's ever loved," she said, running her hand over the counter. "It's funny. I tried setting him up with many other girls and he always refused, but the one time I didn't try to set him up and instead just let it happen, he fell for you. I could see it in the way he treated you before. I'm sorry I didn't say anything, but I have to say, when Jungkook gets flustered, and he gets flustered very easily when he first falls in love or has a crush, he doesn't know what to do so he's mean to them to convince them that he hates them, not loves them."
    I nodded at her words. Jungkook would definitely have to work on that and it did torture me when I first met him, but thinking back to him being flustered so much that he just watches me wanting to desperately hide his feelings, is cute in some odd way. I finished cooking and set up the table. Jungkook walked down with his school uniform on and flashed me a smile. I could see the chandelier lights reflecting off his ring and I smiled.
    Jungkook is leaving but he'll never be gone.