One - Monday

-

-

Monday.

Haneul hated Mondays to the core.

It was a Monday when her parents made her sit down on the couch in the living room and told her about the engagement contract.

It was a Monday when both him and her first met, and she remembered how he had smirked at her before leaning towards her at the private dining area in the restaurant, and told her "I'll never be yours." while avoiding their parents' gazes.

It would also be a Monday when they would get married lawfully as husband and wife -

As the Crown Prince and his wife.

Haneul glanced up at the sunny sky outside through the window from her classroom, and frowned when she saw a group of people on the ground below, next to the school's mini garden. At the front, there stood three handsome boys, and Haneul scoffed at the sight of their fangirls trailing the three from the behind.

Her breath hitched when the only blond boy suddenly looked up to meet her eyes, and raised an eyebrow at her with a poker face. Following his gaze, unlike his cold demeanour, his two friends broke into smiles at the sight of Haneul.

She watched the two boys say something towards the blond boy who was gazing at her coldly, and not to her surprise, he threw her a lazy smirk before gesturing his friends to continue to walk. And of course, with the group of girls following them again.

Jerk. Haneul rolled her eyes as she thought to herself.

"Is your fiancé giving you the cold treatment again?" A girly voice spoke, causing Haneul to turn her head towards her best friend - Jisoo.

"Since when is he not? I still hate him." Haneul groaned, and flipped her notebook nonchalantly.

Jisoo laughed, shaking her head. "When is your engagement again? I don't care if I'm not invited cause I'll still go."

Haneul glanced at her with a questioning side eye glance before exploding into a laughing fit, and sighed while flipping her planner to find the exact date. Pointing her pen at the date marked with a red pen with the words 'The day I'm marrying the ugly Prince' written, Haneul pouted and leaned her head at Jisoo's shoulder.

"Why must I marry him again? I really despise him! He's so rude and cold towards me and the palace rules are giving me migraines." Haneul whined, and Jisoo patted her head.

"Your grandfathers made the agreement before you two were even born." Jisoo giggled, "Who knows? Maybe you'll fall for him one day."

"Ha! He told me that he will never be mine." Haneul quoted her fiancé's words with her fingers while rolling her eyes. "Not that I want to be with him forever though. Ugh, just the thought of it gives me goosebumps."