Four - The Art of Slicing Radishes

-

-

"Surprise!"

Haneul felt her jaw drop when she saw Seokjin waving his hands excitedly at her in the palace's kitchen that was as huge as her own home. The tall boy was dressed in a white button up with the sleeves pushed up to reach his elbows, and there was an apron around his waist as well.

"Why are you here?" Haneul questioned while rushing towards him with a genuine smile.

"Well, I've been tasked to teach someone how to make decent food without burning down the entire palace." Seokjin shrugged nonchalantly.

"Me?" Seokjin nodded with a grin. "But why you? No offense, oppa, but, why you again?"

"You're currently talking to South Korea's youngest and most talented chef right now." Seokjin stated proudly.

Haneul gasped. "No way!"

"Yes way." He replied, and chuckled when Haneul shot him a look. "Anyways, let's begin with our lessons, shall we?"

The day passed by with Seokjin and Haneul having a great time bonding while the latter tried her best to mimic the chef's actions at cooking. The other workers in the kitchen couldn't help but to think that they looked like an actual couple, but they knew it was wrong since Haneul belonged to Jimin, their Crown Prince.

"How did you cut so quickly again?" Haneul stared at the perfectly chopped radishes with her eyes widened in amazement.

"Practice makes perfect." Seokjin said with a proud tone, making Haneul shake her head at him.

"Let me try again." Haneul was never the type to give up, so holding the knife carefully again, she began to slice the radish placed in front of her.

"Yah, you're holding your knife wrongly." Seokjin chuckled while correcting Haneul's hand that was holding the knife, and Haneul felt her heart stop for a second when Seokjin stood behind her, and guided her to slice the vegetable with the proper way.

Oh god, my heart. Haneul scolded herself in her mind and focused on learning how to cut properly instead.

"There, you're done!" Seokjin clapped his hands together and took a step back from Haneul, and she felt like she could finally breathe.

"Mine is still uglier than yours." Haneul shot him a sheepish look.

"You can always practice more until you master the art of slicing radishes." Seokjin said with a serious tone, and that was enough to make Haneul laugh at his silliness.

The next lesson for the day was English. Haneul wasn't that bad in English, but she wasn't a master, like what Seokjin would say, yet.

Pushing the study room door open, Haneul approached the man who was sitting in front of a table with his back facing her. He seemed to be reading a book, and Haneul cleared her throat when she reached where he was, making him to lift his head up.