Twelve - Cry Baby

-

-

"Hyung, must you come with us?"

Haneul scoffed at how irritated Jimin was looking at the moment, his forehead wrinkles prominent and his lips pursed into a thin line. His eyes were burning with slight annoyance, mainly towards the man who was carrying his son.

Seokjin smirked. "Hyunnie clings to only either me or Haneul. And he's asleep, what do you think?"

"But still-"

"Jimin, stop being immature will you?" Haneul scolded while glaring at Jimin who immediately pouted at his ex-spouse's words.

They were currently in the car that Haneul used to travel in with Jimin when she was still his wife back to the palace grounds. Jimin felt his heart thump at a more hasty pace as his eyes lingered on the small boy who was sleeping in Seokjin's arms, his chubby cheeks tinted red with his long eyelashes fluttering a little as he slept.

He was still unable to believe that he actually had a son, and he was a father now.

Seokjin watched the younger man stare at his son's sleeping form with a dreamy look, and a small smile formed on his face.

"You know, Hyunnie has a lot of resemblances with you." Seokjin started the conversation, gaining Jimin's attention as he had straightened his back to look at his friend.

"How so?"

"He's a cry baby, like you." Haneul commented with a smirk, making Jimin pout again when Seokjin nodded fervently in agreement.

"I'm not a cry baby." Jimin retorted, earning scoffs from the other two who were seated next to him in the backseat.

"Keep telling yourself that, Park Jimin." Haneul laughed, and Jimin found himself smiling at her laughter.

The voice he had missed oh so much.

The car then halted to a slow stop as it reached the foyer of the palace, the place Haneul had a love-hate relationship with. Jimin got out of the car first, and he was quick to reach out his hand for Haneul to hold onto as she exited the car.

Haneul simply glanced at him weirdly before accepting his kind gesture nonchalantly, but little did she know, this meant a lot to Jimin. She didn't know that he had been craving and missing her touches so so much.

Seokjin raised an eyebrow at how lovesick Jimin looked, and he shook his head with an amused smile. He knew how whipped Jimin was with Haneul.

They walked in a comfortable silence as they headed to the main hall, where the rulers of the country were waiting for them. Jimin trailed after Haneul who was walking confidently at the front, with Seokjin and Hyun behind him.

"Jimin, what did you want to talk about. Oh!"

The King was genuinely surprised to see Haneul after such a long time. He remembered how pissed off his father was when he found out that Haneul divorced Jimin and left. To say that he never wanted to feel the previous King's wrath again would totally be understandable.