Thirteen - Little Mochi

-

-

"Wait, let me make this clear. So you're staying in the palace but you're not going to marry me again?"

Haneul sighed for the umpteenth time, her thumb and index finger pinching the space between her furrowed eyebrows.

"Yes, Jimin."

"Be my wife again, Haneul-ah!" Jimin whined, but Haneul was used to that puppy look of his.

Park Hyun did the same thing as him when he was trying to gain his mother's attention.

"No. I'm done being your wife." Haneul replied him nonchalantly, her fingers now caressing Hyun's head who was sitting on her lap.

The three were currently in the palace's garden, Haneul's favourite to-go place when she was still married to Jimin a year ago. Haneul found herself smiling weakly at the memories they shared in this garden last time, and now, they were back here, with their own son together.

"Don't you love me? Or... d-do you perhaps don't l-love me anymore?" Jimin stuttered.

"I don't know, to be honest. I have loved you, that's for sure. But now... I don't know anymore, Jimin." Haneul answered him truthfully. "Besides, you still have that girlfriend of yours with you. What's her name again? Youngji? I still dislike her."

Jimin chuckled. "Youngji and I are officially done. She was kinda expecting this to happen. But that evil woman just had to break us up. And she did."

Hearing his voice turning softer as he spoke, Haneul turned to look at Jimin who was now staring at the pebblestone ground with a poker face.

"I signed the divorce letter for the sake of all of us, Jimin. Youngji simply made it all easier as your signature was already there." Haneul ruffled his hair, and Jimin froze at her familiar actions.

As if realizing what she was doing, Haneul retreated her hand away abruptly but got stopped when Jimin forcefully grabbed her wrist. He then intertwined their fingers together, and he held onto her hand tightly, afraid that she would be gone again.

He couldn't bear going through not seeing her for another year again. He needed her warmth, her voice, her everything.

"I'm not going to let you go easily this time, Lee Haneul." Jimin suddenly stated, his gaze swirling with truth and sincerity as he glanced up to look at Haneul. Resting another hand on her face, using the back of his fingers, he gently caressed her pink cheeks. "I'll make you fall for me again."

Haneul darted her eyes away from him, as she knew that she was just trying to run away with her words of not loving him anymore. Every single day, she spent her time missing him more than ever, and Hyun's resemblance with him didn't help either. However, she was afraid of being with him again, as as much happy memories this place had given her, there were as much of bad memories imprinted in her mind as well.