Seven - First Love

-

-

"Jimin, are you listening to me?"

He blinked for a few times as he lifted his head to glance at his girlfriend who was furrowing her eyebrows. They were currently in the café where they had first met, and Youngji could never forget their first meeting.

As cliché as it was, Youngji had accidentally spilled her iced coffee onto Jimin when they were both not paying attention to their surroundings.

"Yeah, you were saying...?" Jimin smiled nervously behind the mask he was wearing.

Sighing at how her boyfriend had been acting lately, Youngji grabbed his hands that were placed on the table. "I'm leaving South Korea."

"What?!" Jimin pulled his hand away from her grasp at the news. "Why? Why are you leaving me?!"

"I'm offered a scholarship to enter the ballet dance school, Jimin. You know how much I loved ballet." Youngji stirred her iced latte with an absent-minded mind. "You will support me right?"

"No." Jimin blurted out, knowing that he was being selfish, but the thought of not seeing his girlfriend for the next few years killed him. "Please, don't go for my sake."

Youngji sighed deeply, already expecting this reaction from him. "Jimin, you can't make me choose. I love ballet, you know that!"

"But what about me? You'll be leaving me for years, Youngji." Jimin was on the verge of breaking down in the public, he himself not believing that his first love was choosing her career over him.

"Jimin." Youngji was getting frustrated over how inconsiderate he was acting. "If you truly love me, you will respect my decision."

"Does this mean that we are breaking up?" Jimin gazed into her eyes that seemed to be as cold as winter, and his heart broke into pieces of debris.

He knew how stubborn Youngji could be.

"No, we are just taking a break." Youngji corrected him. "We can be together again after I return from France, I promise."

"You better." Jimin stifled a sob, and Youngji beamed radiantly while clutching onto his hands.

"Thank you, I love you." Youngji smiled sweetly, just the way Jimin had always loved.

"Me too." Jimin was breaking inside, but he wasn't going to show it to her.

"Oh, and Jimin?"

"Yeah?"

"Sign this divorce paper please." Youngji stated nonchalantly, her hands sliding the form towards him on the table.

Jimin was taken aback. "Why so sudden?"

"I have to make sure that you'll really divorce Haneul in a year." Youngji replied him coldly. "Sign."

"O-okay."