Epilogue

-

-

"Park Hyun!"

"What?!"

Jimin crossed his arms as he leaned on his eldest son's bedroom door frame, his eyes glaring at him not bothering to turn around to look at him.

"That attitude of yours needs to be rectified before it gets worse, Park Hyun." Jimin scolded with a low voice, and Hyun knew he had made his father angry.

The ruler of the country was usually sweet and kind, and strict when it was necessary, but this side of him was rare. His father would only use this tone while speaking when he was upset.

Removing his earphones, Hyun sighed before turning around to look at Jimin who raised an eyebrow at him. "Sorry, father."

"I do not want this attitude of yours to be seen again, understand?" Jimin warned, and Hyun nodded sheepishly. "Good, now let's go before we feel your mother's wrath."

Hyun gulped upon hearing that. If he was afraid of his father, his father was certainly afraid of only two people in this world. His great grandfather and his own mother.

"What did you do this time, appa?" The eleven-year-old boy trudged along his father's footsteps towards where the dining area was.

"I might have made her angry, a tiny weeny bit, but I'm not sure." Jimin emphasized his point by closing an eye with his thumb and index finger only a little apart.

"Let me guess, you destroyed her favourite lipstick again?" Hyun recalled the time his father had accidentally stepped on his mother's lipstick that was gifted by one of the uncles for Christmas. He would never forget how his father had begged for his mother's mercy and forgiveness for weeks as she had refused to talk to him.

"Nope." Jimin answered.

"You couldn't differentiate the twins again?" Hyun asked, remembering the time when his mother went berserk when his father had made his little twin sisters cry for mistaking them as the other twin.

"Nope."

"Park Jimin!"

Both the father and son jumped in surprise at the voice of Haneul, and judging by her tone, she was pretty mad.

"Uh oh, even uncle Seokjin wouldn't be able to save you this time." Hyun smirked before rushing towards where Doyeon and Doyoung were at, and watched his mother charged furiously towards his father with an incredible speed.

"What's wrong?" Jimin chuckled nervously, perspiration forming on his forehead.

"You're asking me what's wrong?" Haneul placed her hands on both sides of her hips, and Jimin scolded himself in his mind for thinking that Haneul looked hot doing so.

"Enlighten me, my Queen. I really don't know what I did." Jimin raised his hands up as a surrender.

"Oh I'm sure you do know. Stop trying to pretend." Haneul pouted, and Jimin resisted the urge to kiss her right there.

"I might have spent money on buying a new collection of games...?" Jimin mumbled, and just as Haneul was about to bite his head off by spending money unnecessarily on games, he had quickly pulled her into an embrace and pecked her cheek sneakily. "Don't be mad, okay? I bought the games because Jungkookie wants to play it when he comes over! Besides, Hyunnie can play it too."

Hyun felt his jaw drop at the betrayal. He couldn't believe that his father had dragged him into his own mess.

"You play those games too?" Haneul frowned as she turned to look at Hyun who shook his head vigorously.

"He does, he plays it with me at times." Jimin smiled when he knew Haneul's anger was slowly dissipating. The current King knew that his wife wouldn't be mad at Hyun.

Sometimes he wondered whether she loved their children more than him.

"Oppa, I've never seen appa this vulnerable before." Doyeon whispered, and Doyoung nodded in agreement.

Chuckling, Hyun ruffled their hairs. "Want to know a secret?"

The two five year olds nodded instantly.

"Appa loves eomma very much, and that's why he's scared of her. He doesn't want to lose her again." Hyun smiled at his younger siblings' confused faces, and patted their cheeks before telling them to look at their parents again.

There was a smile on Haneul's face now, and Jimin was grinning as well. They were still in each other's embrace, and from the stories Hyun had heard from his uncles, apparently his parents had always been pretty open and wasn't afraid to show their love towards each other, even in the public.

Uncle Hyungsik had described his parent's love story as... a real life drama.

Uncle Seokjin had described his parent's love story as... a roller coaster ride.

Uncle Yoongi summarised with only one word - crazy.

Uncle Hoseok laughed when they talked about the topic, saying it was a long long story to be told.

Uncle Namjoon shook his head and said "You're the reason why your parents are together again after everything they went through."

Uncle Taehyung and aunty Jisoo said the same thing as what uncle Seokjin had said.

Uncle Jungkook... well, he said this.

"Disgusting! I remember them kissing all the time-"

And he was cut off when his other uncles covered his mouth from speaking too much.

Park Hyun knew bits and pieces of his parent's love story, and despite still being confused at some part of their story as his uncles would always quarrel over who was right and wrong, there was only a thing that he could confirm of.

And that was Park Jimin, his father, loved Lee Haneul, his mother, a lot, and of course, vice versa.

The end.

-

YAY the book has ended! I won't be active from now on, but I might still be back when I feel like it.

Thank you for reading this book! You're amazing if you've stayed till the end. And if you've read my other work - Alpha, too, I really appreciate and am thankful for you :)

Till the next time we meet again, byebye :3