Eight - Garden in His Heart

-

-

Cameras flashed brightly the second Jimin stepped out of the limousine, and he extended his arm for Haneul to hold as she exited after him. Jimin found himself smiling uncontrollably at how beautiful his wife looked tonight, but he certainly didn't like how the slit on her evening gown had reached slightly above her thigh.

"Hold onto me." Jimin whispered into her ears, and she nodded obediently while linking their arms together before walking down the red carpet with cameras and reporters trying to grab their attentions.

It was the annual dinner for the elites of South Korea to gather tonight, so it was only natural for the royalties to be invited as well. Jimin had always went alone, as Youngji was not supposed to be exposed to the public.

"Crown Prince! You look dashing tonight!" A reporter shouted as the couple walked past, ready to just smile and wave at them for the sake of not being rude.

"Princess Haneul! Can you please tell us where did you get that gorgeous gown from?" Another reporter shouted, and since Haneul was shocked to hear her name on the red carpet, she accidentally stepped onto her own gown and lost her balance.

Closing her eyes, she braced herself to fall but it never came. Fluttering her eyes opened, she gasped at Jimin who was smirking at her with his hand supporting her back, and blushed furiously when he pulled her back up.

"Omo, that was so cute!"

Jimin enjoyed watching Haneul blushing because of him, and instinctively, he wrapped his arms around her waist as they continued to walk towards the entrance of the venue. It had been half a year since Youngji left the country, and albeit still feeling a tad bit hurt, Jimin found himself getting drawn by Haneul instead every single day.

Every little thing that she did, intrigued him.

"Nice save out there, Jimin." Namjoon chuckled as he patted the royalty's back.

"I know, even I'm proud of myself." Jimin grinned proudly at his friends, and his eyes scanned the body of people in the ballroom. "Why is Haneul taking ages to return from the washroom?"

Yoongi smirked when the rest of the boys nodded their heads subtlely at him. "Probably talking with another guy."

Jimin snapped his head towards the older boy immediately. "What?! Who dares to touch the Crown Prince's wife!"

"Woah, chill out buddy." Taehyung laughed before pointing at where Jisoo was at. "Your wife is just hanging out with my girlfriend at the food section."

"Of course she would be at the food section." Seokjin snickered, remembering Haneul always asking for desserts from the palace chefs with her puppy eyes.

"Oh, okay." Jimin slumped his back onto the couch and sighed in relief.

"Since when are you so protective over Haneul?" Hoseok teased while lifting a glass of champagne in his hand.