Five - An Angel and A Snail

-

-

Weeks passed, and Haneul had been spending most of her times in the palace with her new friends, including Taehyung and Jungkook who would occasionally come over to hang out with them. Jimin was not around most of the times, as he had to attend serious businesses outside, and when he wasn't working, he would be with his girlfriend.

The garden in the palace was huge, and it even had its own maze in the centre of it. Various types of flowers and succulents were planted and tended daily, and the flora bloomed beautifully with the care of the servants in the palace.

This place had somehow became Haneul's favourite go-to spot, as she felt that this was the only place she could properly breathe.

"What are you doing here alone?"

Turning her head at the voice, Haneul smiled softly while patting the seat next to her on the marble bench. "Just... admiring."

Jimin sighed at her fake smile, knowing that Haneul was probably missing home and her life outside the palace. It was a Sunday, and he was given a day off from his busy schedules.

She might not know that he had noticed how she was always pretending to be alright with her 'I'm fine' excuses everytime they talked. He would rather have her take out her anger at him to release the stress she was holding in, but no, their conversations would always end with her saying-

I'm fine. It's alright.

"I'm sorry that I'm not able to accompany you most of the times." Jimin coughed purposely to hide his blush.

"It's okay, I understand." Haneul glanced down onto the pebblestone ground, and watched a row of ants heading towards somewhere in a line.

"I know you're not fine, Haneul-ah." Jimin exasperated as he pushed his hair backwards. "Don't you miss your life outside?"

"I do, but what can I do?"

"Let's go out today."

Haneul snapped her head at him with widened eyes. "What-"

"C'mon!" Jimin grinned while pulling her up, and dragged her towards his car parked in the garage.

"Are we even allowed to leave the palace ground?" Haneul furrowed her eyebrows, as she didn't want to get punished for breaking a rule.

"I'm the Prince, Haneul-ah. Nothing will happen to us, I promise." Jimin nodded his head at her while reversing his car, and then stepped on the accelerator after changing his gear, heading towards the main gate.

It was a sunny day for spring, and Haneul was delighted that Jimin had decided to bring her to the amusement park. She loved visiting this place with either Hyungsik or Jisoo, and it had been really a long time since she last came here.

The both of them were wearing masks and caps to hide their faces from the crowd, not wanting to attract attention from the public.

"What do you want to ride first?" Jimin asked while leaning towards Haneul's ear.