👉1👈

She - Nandini

A simple girl with lots of happiness that she gladly spreads to the world. A girl with high expectations about married life, about how romantic her after marriage life would be....!

A strong believer of God and fate. She is a girl who excels in studies with never ending love for music and passion for novels. A pure Indian conservative family girl. Believes that life is full of ups and downs and has to be conquered at all cost. A night owl who eventually hates mornings as she has to leave the warmth of her bed. But still believes that there are new challenges and surprises as the new day begins.

Mom ( Sujatha ) : nandini, wake up and get ready soon.

Nandini: mom, it's Sunday. Let me sleep.

Mom: we are expecting guests.

Nandini: okay. I will freshen up and join you downstairs.

Mom: don't come in T- shirt. Wear a saree or at least anarkali.

Nandini grew suspicious because the only guest that turns up is her mom's relatives or dad's. Her dad never invited any friend of him to their house because he didn't want any " evil eyes on his daughter ". She suddenly felt the urge to ask her mom who was that guest who is expected. She wanted to know because Sunday means a holiday and she can be in her comfy clothes throughout the day. She immediately voiced her thoughts. But her mom, being her mom caught her mind voice.

Mom: don't you dare to barge me with your questions. You will get the answers as soon as you come downstairs. Be ready in 20 minutes. I will come and call you. Be your best.

Nandini: but mom why are you behaving as though someone is coming and asking your daughter's hands in marriage??

Mom: atlast you guessed it right.

Nandini: what? Are you serious? But mom I am still 22. I want to do my masters. I am still too young to get married. I don't want to get married.

Mom: I know about your nerdiness. But guess what? They have accepted to let you study after your marriage.

Nandini: but mom, how can I get married to some random guy?

Mom: that is know as arranged marriage. You were not ready to choose the love of your life so we being your parents, choose him for you.

Nandini: you know right I don't trust people easily. That's why I can't love anyone.

Mom: that's fine. You will eventually trust him and even fall in love with him.

Nandini: mom... But I am not ready for this marriage thing. I cannot bare the feeling of separation from my parents.

Mom: today or tomorrow you are gonna do that. That's the fate of a girl.

Nandini: why can't a boy separate from him parents and why always girl??

Mom: nandini, stop arguing. Get ready and come down. I am going down.

Saying so, her mom left with her pooling with her own cloud of thoughts.

Nandini 's pov:

How can I just marry someone just like that??I have no idea about that guy. Having no other option, she wore the anarkali and came down. I was quickly handed over a coffee tray and asked to serve those uncle and aunty who was seated on the sofa. I instantly liked that aunty because she is soo sweet in her gestures. They asked me to be seated which i gladly did. I was fidgeting my fingers due to my nervousness. To break the ice, that aunty spoke up.

Aunty: I am in love with your daughter. Oops soon to be my daughter. She is conservative, traditional and has got lots of good manners. I am glad that my son will get such a good girl as his wife.

I simply blushed because I am hearing a compliment from a stranger.

Uncle: I heard from your dad that you want to do your masters. I will be very glad if you study because I will get a hier To my business. You wonder why you and not my son? He is definitely not into this business stuffs and especially the corporate business. I know you are a topper girl. So I hope you will accept my offer of joining my business.

Me: but I don't have any working experience. I am a fresheir.

Uncle: no problem. We will train you up.

I don't know what to answer. Soon after exchanging some more pleasantries, they left home.

Dad: so what's your decision nandini? See, they have also accepted your condition of making you study masters.  So should I take it as a yes from you??

*****************************

So guys, this is the first update of this story. Hope you are liking it. Pls show the same support that you showed for other stories too... Hope you are liking it. Pls vote and do comment. I am not sure of each ones likes.