👉 10 👈

Nandini: manik.... I... Left the café late and my car got punctured. So...I ....had to walk back home in rain. I left my phone in the room.....

Manik: go change! We will discuss this later.

Nandini being scared soul, quickly changed and dried herself. She was served a hot tea by her husband. She was really surprised and thankful because a tea is all that she wanted now.

Manik: do you work?

Nandini: yes...

Manik: in which café??

Nandini just wanted to shout at him" the café in which you were with your girlfriend holding her hand and locking eyes with her" but if she said that she will sound like a typical wife! Which she is definitely not. At least for him. Cooling herself,she named the café.

Manik: listen. I very well remember me telling not to interfere in each others life. But still, you are my wife more than that, you are my responsibility. I need to ensure your safety before all. So better tell me your schedule.

Nandini told her entire activities in his words her schedule.

Manik: what's the need for you to work? I mean I have lots of Money. You can spend that.

Nandini: no thanks. You are already called me a gold digger. I don't want to prove that true by taking your money.

Manik: hey c'mon. That came in the heat of the moment.

Nandini: never mind. I wanted to be independent and that's the reason I am working.

Manik: yeah whatever. But just make sure that you call me incase of any emergency or something. It's not safe outside especially during the weekends.

Nandini started to imagine how caring her husband is. But this thought immediately crashed down as his words pricked her like a needle bursting a fully grown balloon.

Manik: never think that I care for you. You are my responsibility. I am answerable to my parents and yours as well. This is the last warning I am giving you. Here after returning home late will not be encouraged. Now eat your dinner and sleep.

I obeyed him but his words changed my opinion about him. He is no more a stranger. Even though he covered his care by saying his responsibility, I still like it. I liked the fact that I have someone to question me when I am late. Even though my parents question me, I feel some what special when he asked me the reason behind my lateness.

The next few days passed in a blur. I got a call from nyonika aunty.

Nandini: hello aunty. How are you? How is uncle and Alya??

Nyonika: all are fine. How are you and my son?

Nandini: all fine aunty.

Nyonika: ok I called you to inform that uncle went to India for some business trip. So me and alya are alone here.

Nandini: why don't you come and stay here aunty? It's been a long time since I saw you.

Nyonika: thats the reason I called you nandini.

Nandini: aunty, you are any time welcome here. This is also your house.

Nyonika: ok I will call you as soon as we start from here.

Nandini: ok aunty. See you soon.

She cut the Call and went to manik's room to inform him about their arrival.

Manik: oh shit!

Nandini: what now?

Manik: it means that you must shift to my room.

Nandini: what do you mean?

Manik: you want them to know about us not being together?? No right! So better shift your things.

She packed a few necessary items leaving behind some accessories in her old room.

Soon nyonika aunty and Alya came. As usual they questioned me about my accessories left in the other room. I didn't know what to answer them. So manik spoke on my behalf.

Manik: ma actually she has got lots of things such that my room. You get it ma, my room is insufficient for her.

Nandini felt offended. So in order to save herself, she spoke up.

Nandini: actually it's not the truth aunty. The entire dressing table is filled with his perfume and watches. Where will I get the place from aunty?? He has lot more perfumes than a girl aunty...!!

They all had a Galla time. Nandini noticed that alya was behaving weird since the time they came home. She mentally made a note to talk to her afterwards.

*****************************

Why do you think Alya is behaving weird??

Pls vote and comment.