👉 8 👈

Nandini's pov:

He said it and climbed upstairs. I wondered did he really answer my question?? I quickly finished mine and cleaned the dishes. I sat with my Mac book. I learnt that there are lots of ways to make money in Canada than in India. I searched for a suitable job for myself. Due to my passion for music, I got a job as a music teacher in Cultural academy. I also got a job as a chief backer in a nearby café. I am damn happy! Atlast I am living my independent life....! I fixed the timings according to my convenance.

The next day was my first day of college. I quickly had my cereal and went. The first day was boring with all those introductory classes... Me being an enthusiastic soul, made more friends on the first day itself. We hung out during our breaks. After reaching home, I quickly Changed and went to follow my passion of cooking...!

I went to the café to begin my job as a chief chef. I immediately Impressed my customers. So I was given permanent allotment. Now the time is 7 in the evening. My daily routine is Monday, wednesday and Friday to college from 11 to 3. And in Tuesday and Thursday I have my music class from 12 to 3. And everyday from 4 to 8 in the evening, I work in the café. I am actually in love with this schedule of mine. I quickly grabbed my berries salad and ate in my room.

Do you think I care about my house mate?? Huh?? I mean my husband. I don't care for him. The moment he broke my heart, I learnt that appearance can be deceptive. The last time I cooked for him is the previous day's pizza. He stays mostly at home making new videos. He occasionally parties with his friends. But who cares??

The next day I woke up late. I knew I will miss my breakfast because now the time is 11. A normal person eats brunch. But what I worry is, will he be fine without his breakfast?? I mean as far as I know people, they will go mad when they are hungry. I imagined the worst and got down from my comfy bed. I did my morning chores. Now the time was like 11:30. I went down and was greeted by a pleasant smell of food. But wait! Where did food come from?? There is no chance of home made food because there is no chef or maid over here. So I thought it might be some take aways or something.

My thoughts were broken when I heard someone clearing their throat. It was him. I was damn sure.

Manik: stop thinking and eat the food.

Nandini: where did this come from?

Manik: obviously from kitchen!

Nandini: means.....

Manik: means I cooked.

Nandini: what?

Manik: stop gawking. I too know to cook. I just came to inform that we will cook on alternative days.

Nandini: huh??

Manik: I don't like to eat outside food. So I learnt cooking. I know to cook very well and you can see that also. We will wash our own dishes and whomsoever cooks will clean the vessels.

Nandini: are there any maids?

Manik: no. They are costly here than in India. So I suggest that we do our own works. We will do our laundry. And one more thing, I am a cleanliness freak. So when I cook you will clean and when you cook I will clean.

Nandini: fine. I like it.

Manik: and one more thing, I will not interfere in your activities and same applies to you too..... Don't question me about my activities and stuffs.

Nandini: yeah. But I need spare keys.

Manik: yeah. I forgot to give that to you.

Handling over the keys to me, he left. I was surprised. It was our first descent conversation without ending up in fights. I hurried to my music class. Needless to say, he is very good in cooking ok??! But who will accept it? I cannot accept it that easily. After the boring lectures, I went to the café. I enjoyed a lot because we got more orders. I ended up experimenting with more dishes. None of them knew that I am married. Even though I wear my mangalsutra, none knew the significance of it in Canada. They simply knew it as a black bead chain. This routine became common till the weekend. During weekends, the café is unusually busy. I happily looked at the lovely couple seated in a corner.

*****************************

Whom do you think will be the couple?
Did you like manik's and nandini's little deal?
Guys, pls vote and comment.

Thank you all for the wonderful support. I just can't believe that we have reached 1 k + votes...!!!