Prologue

My Boss Birthday, New York

The Prince of North America and soon to be King of the Mafia. Lawrence Luciano. As his head of security, I swept the night club we were at tonight. It being the grand opening for the new club and in honor of Luciano's birthday. The world's most eligible bachelor. You can understand what I'm dealing with tonight. The club filled with woman wanting a chance at him. To bad there's only one lady that seems to be getting it tonight.

"Ace. Morgan and I are going to head to a private booth for a while. So relax and find a girl to occupy your time. Kyle seems to have already taken the opportunity." Lawrence chuckled looking over to his second in command. The boy talking up a blonde that seemed interested but was a little. How can I put it nicely. Not all female by the Adam's apple I could see of there profile. Long legs that were not slender in the least, with hands quite large and blunt.

"It seems I'm going to have to save him." I grumbled watching Lawrence already heading to the back with Morgan. The Governor's daughter of perfectly done blonde hair and body that could make men do anything for.

Having never had an interest in her though for just a few conversations was a very vain person. No depth to her other then the money her daddy had. And I could see she was most likely waiting for Lawrence to put a ring on it. Unfortunately that was to never happen if I had anything to do about it.

As his right hand man I didn't just keep him safe but had to look out for his best interest. Morgan not being one of them that I was hoping he only saw her as a play thing. Which he seemed to like doing. As long as it kept to that, he could do as he pleases.

"Kyle my man! Let's head to one of the card tables. See if we can't win some money for you." Wrapping a arm over his shoulders, looking to the face before him that was definitely male. Kyle swaying a little as I imagined he was drunk already. "Sorry ma'am he's poor as dirt right now. I just brought him tonight to help cheer him up after a bad divorce. She took everything and I mean everything." I breathed to the he/ she seeing there eyes widen in sympathy. Giving him a pat with words of encouragement, then walked away.

"You asshole! She was so into me!" He whined with a slur to his voice as I guided him to a booth to the side of the dance floor. The floor a sea of body's that was hard to make out threw with the electric song that was playing right now. Seeming everyone in here was in it swaying to the music as much as they could intoxicated.

"She was a he. I just saved you from a very awkward surprise later." I remarked waving over a waiter, telling them he was cut off to only have water. I wasn't going to baby sit his ass tonight. No, I was looking forward to the tables. Get my hands on some cards and I was happy as can be.

"Hey baby you want to have some fun?" A woman said seductively stopping me in the hall to the back of the club. A slender leg popping out of a tight red dress that clung to her curves. Dark eyes locking on mine with red lips that were painted brightly. Her cheekbones over pronounced by thick makeup and false lashes that fluttered to me.