12

"Who was that

"Who was that." I asked to my sister Layla groaning as she shut the door in only a bra and underwear. Not liking how she seemed to think it was okay for her to walk around my house like that.

"A cute ginger haired girl shoved this bag into me. Then she left before I could ask her anything." Helping herself to look inside and pull out my shirt knowing exactly who it was.

"Fuck!" Pulling out my phone from my pants pocket to dial the security office. "Hold the elevator that just left my floor!" I demanded instantly as I slide my shirt on having left my room quickly after just getting out of the shower when I heard the doorbell ring. Pulling on pants, not even buttoning my shirt. Grabbing my jacket to slide it on too. Growling now that my sister had to answer it looking the way she was.

"What?" Was her ignorant response with her hands on her hips with a sneer upon her pretty face.

"Why did you have to answer the door looking like that!" Rushing to it as the security guard on the phone said they had stopped the elevator and was just five levels down.

"Mrs. Telavi is doing my fitting and Rosaleen is to preoccupied to answer the door obviously!" She grumbled turning to glance outside and see her talking with Zachariah that seemed to be showing up everyday now after Rosaleen and Layla had arrived last week early. The same morning my angel had felt the need to sneak out on me.

"Well get some clothes on before I come back up!" I demanded as I threw open my front door to take the fire escape several steps at a time. Making it down the five floors in record time. Throwing open the door to the surprised office workers to the elevator doors. Pressing the button to the one she was in. My heart stopping to see what was behind the metal doors as they slowly slide open.

Persephone was crouched on the floor with hands over her face. Her body shaking having heard the doors open to look up to me with tears going down her cheeks in a river. Her lips parting in shock, turquoise eyes filled with hurt as she looked upon me. Stepping inside to press the button for the doors to close behind me. Then stopped the elevator from moving, halting it in place.

Her body turning to the side to warping arms around her knees. Turning away from me that had a smile form on my lips for all the wrong reasons. Bending down before her, gently brushing back soft ginger strands from her damp face. My touch startling her as she turned to glare to me. Again unable to help the smile on my lips that seemed to piss her off even more.

"Why in the hell are you smiling at me while I'm crying." She signed as I tilted my head while bringing my brows together in confusion.

"Your secrets is out. Vincent told me you can read sign language." Now understanding as I let out a deep breath unable to have the smile leave my lips.

"I guess my guilty pleasure to know the things you would never say to me is over." I said honestly as she started to hit me angrily. Tears coming back to her eyes as I took both her wrist gentle stopping her.