12. Run

You covered your mouth in horror, unable to scream as tears streamed down your face.

"Donghae— no—"

You collapsed onto your knees and pulled his body to yours.

"Y/N... don't... leave... run as far as you can..." Donghae croaked, his voice breaking as you became more and more hysterical.

"No! I can't leave you— who did this, Donghae? Who?"

"It was I."

You whirled around to find an orange-haired man smirking back at you. His light colored dress shirt was smeared and splattered with blood, presumably Donghae's. You gulped as your heart dropped.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Lady Y/N." He extended a hand towards you and you slapped it away, growling.

"Don't you dare—"

"Oh, a feisty one you are!" He chuckled. You felt white-hot rage coursing through your veins and you were about to blow, the sound of his mocking voice only fueling your anger.

"Y/N... go now..." Donghae groaned in pain as he tried to get you to leave. Refusing to listen, you stood up to the murderer.

"Oh, lovely Donghae, I won't kill her! She is the love of my life, and I was supposed to marry her. Me. And you took advantage of my absence and stole her away. Some brother you are."

And then a realization struck you.

"Leeteuk. You're Leeteuk."

His head whipped towards you. "Yes, my love. You are an intelligent woman."

"And the fact that our parents were so supportive of the two of you that they decided to replace me... that disgusts me," he spat venomously. "So I shall take my revenge tonight. Starting with you."

You gritted your teeth as he grabbed your wrist and you tried to pry yourself from his grasp. "Let— go!"

"Don't struggle, my lady. Let's fulfill my brother's dying wish in front of him, right here and now. He's always wanted to do this with you, right? He was merely an understudy of mine, so his role is mine. Your love for him is your love for me." Leeteuk smiled crazily as he pulled you towards him and crashed his lips onto yours. You attempted to push him away with all your might, but you remained trapped in his arms.

As Donghae watched his once beloved brother take his life away, he felt pure hatred running in his blood. He refused to lose like this. Ignoring the huge gash in his side and his light-headedness from his blood loss, he grabbed the knife that he was assaulted with and lunged at his brother. The cut elicited a loud shout from Leeteuk, and you gasped as you finally managed to get him off of you.

And to your dismay, you found Donghae's weakened body on top of Leeteuk, stabbing him continuously with a new vengeance. Leeteuk, only having an ounce of fight left in him, managed to throw a punch at Donghae's wound. Donghae yelled in pain, but he would not stop until he was dead.

"Don't worry, Y/N... I'll take care of everything. Now please..."

"Run for your life and don't turn back."