29. Bloodlust

A sharp pain quickly shot through your right shoulder and down your arm, and you gave a blood-curdling scream that only grew as Cecilia dragged the blade through your flesh. The excruciating pain was able to drive anyone insane. You attempted to use your good arm to lift the knife, but Cecilia slammed another smaller blade down on your left hand, impaling it into the hand-rest of the chair, eliciting another desperate scream from you.

You wanted to look away from the excruciating agony, but your eyes were glued to the huge gash in your right arm that throbbed and dripped with blood.

"Cecilia—!" You gasped as she lifted the knife abruptly and you slammed the back of your head to the chair, not able to handle the immense pain coming from both your arm and your heart.

"Do you know why I joined Leeteuk?"

You were unable to reply, hot tears streaming down your face as both of your arms were immobile and hurting so terribly. You watched as she made her way to your left and grabbed the hilt of the blade that penetrated your hand. Tilting the blade ever so slightly, it was enough to cause a wail to escape your lips.

"Do you even know what you've done to me that caused me to join him?" Cecilia asked, a sadistic smile plastered on her face. You shook your head immediately, sobbing helplessly.

"Please... stop..." you managed weakly, but Cecilia only laughed. The laugh ended abruptly as she quickly leaned into your face with serious eyes.

"Stop? After all that you've made me go through? This doesn't even compare to what I've experienced because of you," Cecilia said with a low voice, her words dripping with venom.

"And I could do nothing about that pain as you stole him away from me, like how you can do nothing now while I slowly dismember your body. And you'll live to see the entire process."

"Please... don't... You'll gain nothing from this—"

Cecilia cleanly slices your words off by grabbing the hilt of the blade in your left hand and jerking it upwards, causing another deafening scream to escape. Blood gushed out of the wound along with your tears from your eyes, unable to handle the physical and mental agony. You felt light headed as the effects of blood loss began to kick in, and you closed your eyes, your breaths shaky.

"I'm sure you've heard of the name 'Jongwoon' before, no?"

Your eyes flashed open at the sound of his name as you nodded nervously.

"Your beloved butler."

You gulped as you brace yourself for what was coming next.

"Except you weren't the only one in the household that loved him." Cecilia tilted your head up as she stood behind you, pressing the blood stained blade against your neck.

"Ah, what a beautiful sight," she chuckled. "The mistress under the will of her own servant. How pathetic."

As you looked in the mirror, you saw Cecilia's true form. Her expression was terrifying, the splatters of blood on her face only making it worse. Her mocking smile, and her eyes filled with lust— but for blood. Your blood, to be exact.

"Why are you doing this?" You dared to ask, your voice trembling in fear. Cecilia scoffed.

"Brave of you to even speak, especially in this position. Just like how you always were. I admire that about you. Because of your courageousness, I shall answer your question," Cecilia chuckled as she applied strength on the blade, breaking through your skin. You watched in horror as a drop of red slowly trickled down your throat.

"You were always the one who blocked and prevented me from getting to my goal. In order to finally reach it, you have to die," she replied simply. You attempted to move your arms to pull her hand and blade away from your neck, but to no avail as your vision only began to become more and more distorted.

"My goal, specifically, being Jongwoon's heart."

You gulped as she began to cackle uncontrollably, unable to believe her words.

After everything she did to him, she still thought she had a chance.

"You're the reason why I had to go so far to earn his attention, the reason why I had to hurt him just for him to look at me!" Cecilia shrieked angrily as she pushed the metal deeper into your skin, and you winced as she drew more and more blood.

"At that point, I didn't care— I was just desperate for his attention, and I was willing to go to whatever lengths to get it. But each and every single time, you had to ruin everything!"

"Thus, to finally get him to stop looking at you..."

"You must be eliminated."

Black spots begin to appear in your vision, and you felt your body weaken significantly. Your consciousness was slipping away bit by bit, and your eyelids threatened to fall.

"Sweet dreams, Lady Y/N."

With that, you no longer had the strength to uphold the weight of your heavy eyelids, completely helpless as they fell over your eyes and you gave into the darkness.

"No!"

...was the last thing you heard before the darkness carried you away.