24. Trance

"I could never bring myself to love you, especially after everything you've done to me."

As if her heart wasn't already broken, the shards of her already dead heart shattered again, the amount of pain immeasurable. Cecilia attempted to bite back her tears, wanting to stand her ground— but she couldn't handle the agony.

He was her weakness, and he knew that very well.

You don't understand.

Unable to hold back her sadness, she let out a deafening scream with all her might. It quickly shrunk into sobs as she buried her face in her hands.

"It was always her... Why? Why couldn't you give me a chance?"

Yesung didn't respond.

"That's it...! Of course!" Cecilia lifted her head as she laughed, her wide eyes filled with insanity as the laughter soon grew into a high-pitched maniacal cackle.

She has gone mad.

"Why didn't I think of that? That solution was right under my nose all along!"

Yesung gulped as he took a step back. Cecilia suddenly leaned over the bed over to the nightstand and jerked open the top drawer. And there it was, sitting in all of its glory,

A knife.

"I should've done this long ago."

"Y/N was always the obstacle that prevented me from getting to my goal," Cecilia stroked the blade lovingly. "So in order to finally win this once and for all,

She just has to die, right?"

Yesung's eyes widened in fear as his body began to tremble uncontrollably.

"No, you can't—"

"Then you'll finally love me, right? Right?!"

"Because if she's dead, you'll have nobody else to love but me."

Because I'm the only other person that will love you.

"The one who murdered Donghae..."

"Wasn't me."

Your eyes widened in shock as those words came from Leeteuk's mouth, and you felt a sudden rush of anger at the mention of Donghae.

Poor, innocent Donghae that did nothing but fall in love— apparently it was such a sin that it got him murdered. Tears stung your eyes as fond memories of him came rushing back to your mind.

"Don't you-"

"Well, I was behind it, but I had someone else to do the dirty work for me. That's all."

You shut your eyes tightly and you covered your ears, not wanting to hear any more from him. This damned moron, using people until the very end. As expected.

"Because if I had died then, I wouldn't have been able to carry out the rest of my plan. And I wouldn't have been able to be with you, my love." His arms snake around your waist ever so slowly, his hot breath on the back of your neck. You struggled to maintain your self-control and everything you had left.

You couldn't lose to a man like him.

You struggled as you tried to wriggle out of his grasp, but to no avail as he merely chuckled.

"Don't, my dear. You belong to me now. You're my property now," he said as he spun you around to face him. You bit your lip as he pressed his forehead to yours and began humming ever so softly. Strangely, your heartbeat slowed as your vision began to blur. Your eyelids felt heavy and they threatened to fall.

He was hypnotizing you.

Stay strong, Y/N. Don't give in—

"Don't waste your energy and let yourself fall. Give into my love and arms— deep inside, I know you want this..." he whispered, and you exhaled a shuddered breath, his words not helping your condition.

"Let go."

Without another moment's hesitation, that's exactly what you did.