20. Seeing Stars

Without another word, you strode out the door.

Despite only having been there once, you knew the directions by heart. You walked into the alley that Donghae had dragged you into the first time, and you closed your eyes as you skillfully moved through the walls in this blind night. You could never forget this place, no matter how painful the memories were.

You inhaled the cool, night air as you stood on top of that same hill that overlooked the large meadow. The tree towered above you, and you sat down in that exact spot you had two weeks ago, your back leaning against the trunk. The lonely moon watched over the sleeping town, the same moon that had witnessed the very first kiss that you had with Donghae. The same moon that had watched your relationship grow, blossom, and wilt just as quickly as it had began.

And now he's up there with them, alongside the other beautiful stars. Winking and twinkling in all his glory.

You had a strong resolve to avenge him, the passion burning even hotter than the fire that had taken his only remnants away. And you swore to succeed.

If not, you decided to pay with your life.

As expected, Yesung had followed you to this place but kept his distance as you "needed your freedom". You didn't really care, for you couldn't do anything about it anyway— your butler was extremely stubborn. And you hate breaking promises.

Lost in thought, you cut yourself off from the outside world. A sole tear escaped your eye as you recalled the brief time you spent with him. A smile was etched on your lips despite the heartache you felt, and your heart seemed to flutter as you felt an arm on your shoulder.

Donghae, are you there?

But as you turned, your eyes met the ones of a masked murderer, and you screamed as they assaulted you and your vision faded to black.