31. Reunion

Your eyes fluttered open once more, your body weak and stiff. Your hands felt a warm chest and a familiar scent filled your nose. Your vision was still blurry and distorted, your mind still woozy. Somehow, you felt safe in their presence and you allowed yourself to relax into them.

"Hrgn..." you softly grunted as you shifted.

"Y/N?"

That voice.

The voice you've so desperately wanted to hear, and it immediately brought you back to your senses. The current reality hitting you like a truck, and the pain that was inflicted on your arms earlier shot through your entire body.

Slowly glancing up, your eyes locked with the ones belonging to none other than the man himself.

Completely unharmed and alive.

"Yesung?"

Your voice was a soft whisper as you slowly processed the sight in front of you. At the sound of his name, his tearful eyes lit up at once. He swallowed as his expression mimicked yours— one filled with surprise, relief, and wonder.

"You're alive," the both of you spoke simultaneously.

Without another word, he quickly trapped you in a tight embrace. He held onto you desperately, as if he didn't want you to escape and leave him again. You returned the embrace gratefully, ignoring the throbbing pain in your arm, your tears overflowing.

And that's when you realized.

That this warm feeling that filled your heart to the brim that you only ever felt around him was true love. All those things he did for you, wasn't just for show. His constant enthusiasm and consistency, giving his all when it came to you.

You cherished every moment with him, the only person able to make your heart palpitate so with just a mere glance. The only person who can put you under such a spell and have you falling hard for him over and over again.

Your forehead touched his, and the corners of your lips had automatically twitched upwards into a smile.

"Thank god..." he sighed as his fingers ran through your hair, sending electricity down your spine. "Are you alright? Are you hurt? Where are your wounds?" He fired his questions at you like bullets, and you chuckled as he frowned. "I'm serious. There was so much blood—"

"I know, I know. But I'm fine," you said as Yesung lifted your arm and you immediately hissed in pain. You bit your lip as you tried to explain, but your mouth wouldn't move. He eyes the cut that Cecilia had given you earlier and his eyebrows knitted together in worry. Examining the wound in your left hand, he glanced at you doubtfully.

"It must've been torturous for you to sit through that..." Yesung muttered in a low breath. "How insane she must've been to do this to anyone..." he emphasized the word insane, and you nodded in agreement.

"I'm sorry... if only I had arrived just a bit earlier..."

And once again, he was so willing to take the blame. You shook your head.

"It's not your fault. Don't apologize, you had already done your job." You averted your eyes to the dead body next to the two of you, and his eyes followed.

"And I'm alive, aren't I?"

Yesung's lips broke into his signature, sad smile. "Thankfully, but you still suffered so much because I couldn't restrain her..."

His words were interrupted by the sound of footsteps, and in a flash, he was on his feet. He had jumped into a nearby closet right before Lily stepped in with your wedding dress.

"I apologize for taking so long, Miss Y/N, for some reason the dress wasn't in its... oh my goodness."

Lily paused midway through her sentence as her eyes digested the horrific sight in front of her. Smears and splatters of blood staining the walls and floor, and a dead body to seal it off. You could only manage a weak smile back at Lily as she gasped.

"Y/N, are you alright?!" She dropped the dress at the doorway and immediately ran to your side. You nodded slowly as she helped you to your feet, the pain in your arms seeming to have dulled ever so slightly. "What in the world happened here? Why is there—"

"Lily, it's okay. I'm perfectly fine, and..."

"Did you...?" She eyed you suspiciously and your words were caught in your throat.

"Actually, it was almost the other way around—"

"You killed one of Leeteuk's most trusted and strongest allies. How?" Lily's eyes sparkled to your surprise. "Oh, I've always wanted her dead but I never would've thought the day I would see her dead body would come so soon—" Lily giggled as your eyes widened.

You swallowed as you spoke in a hushed breath.

"She was my previous maid and I'm not the one that killed her. Cecilia had come in to attack me—hence why there's so much blood— while you were gone to retrieve my dress, and as I fell unconscious, someone had come in and ended her," you explained the entire incident in a rush, excluding the identity of your little accomplice. Lily nodded as if she understood every bit.

"But— does Leeteuk know about this? Because if he did, he would surely assume otherwise and he would be furious—" You cut her words off by slapping your right hand over her mouth.

"Lock the door, then we'll talk."

Nodding, Lily did just as she was told. "We only have a few hours left until the ceremony. How and where are we going to hide the body? And all this blood? The other helpers are going to return from their break soon," Lily lowered her voice. You looked up thoughtfully.

"Then we can't be the ones disposing of the body," you said simply.

"What do you mean?" Lily inquired.

"Exactly what I said. Someone else will do it for us."

Lily blinked. You smiled knowingly as you leaned to her ear.

"I wasn't the only prisoner."

Lily's eyes widened as a huge smile broke onto her lips, her eyes glowing with mischief. But her smile quickly turned back into a frown. "But we don't know where he is. How are we going to tell him without getting caught?"

You scoffed. "Let me introduce you to him."

A/N

I apologize for the terrible chapters and late updates ughhh

Updates probably won't be as quick and frequent anymore since I need to continue writing the next parts so please bear with me 😹😹

Love you always 💙

P.S. Congrats to ELF for winning the Billboard Army Fan Face-Off! Let's continue fighting and win this once and for all 😼💎💙