33. Overshadowed

Exhaling a deep breath, Lily gave you a quick pat on the shoulder along with a knowing wink as you heard the music begin. The tune was none other than the infamous "Wedding March." As the doors opened and revealed you to the public, you tried your best to fake the most real smile you can, and you trudged forward.

The wedding hall was decorated with pink, white and lavender colored satin and silk ribbon tied carefully into bows. Flowers with the same colors made up countless wreaths that hung proudly on the walls around you. There was also a second floor where all of his allies were spectating from, the audience on the ground floor being the rest of the guests. You felt every pair of eyes in the room land on you and watch you intently as you moved down the red carpet that was laid out in front of you, your wedding dress sweeping beside your feet with each step. Don't trip don't trip—

Through the thin fabric of your veil, your eyes locked with the lustful ones of Leeteuk's, beaming so brightly as his eyes followed your movements.

And you smiled back, genuinely.

You knew that Leeteuk hasn't always been this way. He was corrupted by love and jealousy, the darkness filling up every chamber of his heart and you pitied him. It ultimately transformed this once wonderful man into an unrecognizable monster. You doubt that even he could've controlled it, and you couldn't blame him. Deep inside, however, you knew that he had to have at least an ounce of good left in him.

Otherwise, he would've already taken advantage of you that very night and wouldn't have bothered with this whole ceremony.

If he hadn't murdered Donghae that day, along with the rest of the horrible things he did afterward, your heart would've already been his.

I'm sorry.

You ascended the steps and finally stopped in front of him, your side facing the audience. The priest opened his mouth to speak, and for the most part, his words were just another noise that flew over your head. Your eyes scanned your groom up and down. From his split orange hair to his dark blue suit, he looked just like the prince that every girl had yearned to marry when they were younger.

Until you realize what he's done.

"I do," his words snapped you back to reality. You blinked twice as you realized that it was time to say your vows. Leeteuk's smile deepened as he waited for your answer in anticipation, showing his signature dimple. Your lips twitched upwards ever so slightly. He clasped your hands in his, and you averted your eyes away.

Then all of a sudden, everything came crashing down. Your eyes wandered to your left as you saw the audience's eager eyes, and you felt as if you were suffocating. You panicked as your eyes darted around, your heartbeat accelerating and sweat forming around your temple.

"I..." you began.

Inhaling, all the unpleasant memories came rushing back to you. How this man had murdered his own family in cold blood, and all the other lives of the innocent and unfortunate that he took while trying to carry out his plan.

And now, it was time to carry yours out.

"Do—"

"—not."

Another voice completed the sentence for you, and you immediately exhaled. The audience gasped and screamed as Cecilia's body was hurled off from the second floor and fell helplessly down to the ground floor, right in front of Leeteuk.

Smirking triumphantly, your lowered your head to hide your expression. Leeteuk's hands trembled as he became furious, a mix of shock, fear, and rage plastered on his face. His eyes were filled with pure hatred as the voice spoke again.

"How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine,

Stepping from the shadows, he finally revealed himself to the crowd. Dressed in full black to oppose your wedding, Leeteuk's eyes widened in fear as he recognized the man.

Park Jungsoo?"