42. Tick, Tock

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

You held the golden pocket watch in your hand, closely admiring the details and designs carved carefully into the metal. Twirling it around in your fingers, your heart seemed to beat in time with the watch. The glass was cracked and you brushed your finger over them, feeling the slight dents and imperfections in the glass.

Sighing, you closed the pocket watch, the cover shutting over the watch with a soft click. You laid back into the soft sofa, hugging a pillow as you immersed yourself in your thoughts once more.

It's been four days since you've awakened, nearly a week since the incident. The events that occurred still haunts you, especially the few moments before you had collapsed. As much as you tried to keep your mind off of it, the dreadful memory still found a way back to it.

You glanced at the dagger that lay on the table not so far away. His dagger, to be exact.

You felt your heavy eyelids drooping ever so slowly, and as much as you wanted to give in to sleep, your body wouldn't allow you to. It's been that way for the past few days, and you were exhausted.

Plus, you were sure that you wouldn't even sleep all that well— there were bound to be nightmares, considering recent events.

Yawning, you pushed yourself up and you decided to take a warm bath to refresh yourself.

As you reached for the door, the door suddenly jerked open and you jumped. You exhaled when you realized it was none other than Lily herself.

"Oh my goodness, you scared me—"

Lily laughs. "I'm sorry!" Her eyes softened ever so slightly as she noticed your frail form.

"Y/N, you haven't eaten for three days straight... Do you want me to make something for you?" The blonde asked, and you shook your head.

"Don't worry about me, I'm totally fine. I don't feel like eating anyway."

"But you have to! Otherwise, you'll starve!"

You sighed. "It's fine, I'm fine."

Lily frowned as she cupped your cheeks. You flinched at the touch, the sudden contact reminding you of some rather unpleasant memories. Seeing this, Lily's hands leave your face and mutters a soft apology.

"You haven't been sleeping well either, have you?"

Your eyes trailed down to your feet. "Is it that evident?" Lily nodded sadly.

"At the very least, you must eat. No matter how hard it is, you must have something in your stomach."

"Yesung wouldn't be happy if he saw you like this."

So you allowed Lily to sit you down, and you watched as she set a tray full of delicious dishes in down in front of you.

Normally, you would be stuffing your face, but your limbs refused to move. You grasped onto the fork, seemingly having forgotten how to eat.

As you stabbed the utensil into your food, you forced yourself to move it into your mouth. You chewed slowly, relishing in the taste, and your eyes immediately brightened up. Watching your reaction, Lily placed a hand over her chest as she sighed in relief.

"If we ever return to the Kim Household, I'll make you the head chef," you remarked, your cheeks full. "I never say this, but I have never tasted cooking this amazing!"

"You're flattering me, my cooking isn't that good... I just threw something together from what I could find in the kitchen." Lily blushed, and you rolled your eyes. "But thank you for the offer."

You glanced up from your plate as a thought suddenly came to your mind. "Oh yeah! How is your family? Have you gotten a chance to visit them yet? Do they know about the recent events?"

Lily blinked as her shoulders fell. "No... I haven't..."

"Then you should go! Don't worry about me, you've done enough."

Lily shook her head. "No, not that..."

"I don't know where they are."

You paused as you digested those words. Swallowing, you turned to her.

"I'm sorry..." you whispered.

"Let's find them together."

"But what about—" Lily begins.

"It's fine."

"Besides, I don't think I'll even be able to face him."