25. Farewell

With each passing day, you felt the thorns of despair prick and penetrate your heart deeper and deeper, filling the empty chamber with its venom until every last spark of hope was extinguished. Perhaps you should just accept your fate, your reality.

But you refused to.

He had to be searching for you, had to be coming to rescue you— what was taking him so long?

Yesung was never late, thanks to the pocket watch he carried with him everywhere. He was extremely precise, always arriving on the dot. And he was consistent about it as well.

Except for now.

It's been a dreadful week already, one filled with endless tears and sleepless nights. You cried your heart out, and now you had no tears left to cry— which was even worse.

Leeteuk has locked you up in his grand bedroom, with him being the owner of the key. He knew you'd try to escape, so he had purposely closed and locked all the windows and doors to prevent you from doing so. Once in a while, one of Leeteuk's masked henchmen would come in with food and water to keep you alive.  By the last night of the week, you had known better to not try these men— or women, for they had given you a pretty painful beating for your attempts.

And of course, Leeteuk had visited you nightly. Playing and toying you in ways that were far from appropriate, and many times you had struggled and even screamed for help— despite knowing that nobody would come for you anyway.

"Hush, my dear... How many times do I have to tell you to stop struggling? You're only making this harder for the both of us," he said in his smooth, silky voice.

"Nobody will come to rescue you. No, not even him—" he paused to chuckle—

"for he is already long gone."

No... you refused to believe it. He couldn't have gone away just like that, he couldn't have—

But the circumstances were only proving his words, and even you had begun to believe it.

You were tired, you were exhausted, completely spent— from hopelessly hoping for something impossible.

Is this how it's all going to end?

Is this how we're going to separate?

I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Closing your eyes, a sole tear escaped your eye as you reluctantly accepted Leeteuk's kiss.