8

Taehyung offered to drive me to the hospital as I was pacing around his house in a panic. No matter how many times I asked, nobody was telling me what had happened to her.

"Taehyung, I don't want to go in there to find my mother dead. Why the hell are they not telling me what happened!?" I hit his chest as tears filled up my eyes.

"Sora, it's going to be okay. She's going to be fine. Let me take you to the hospital." He said as he took my hand in his and made me stand up.

"I-I don't want to go." I sobbed, hiding in his embrace.

"It's okay. I'll be there with you." He spoke as we walked out the door and to his car.

The drive to the hospital was silent, only the sound of occasional sobs leaving my mouth could be heard. Taehyung would place his hand over mine from time to time to assure that everything was going to be okay.

"Sora, she'll be fine." He said when we finally reached the hospital and it was time to face the situation.

I walked in the door expecting loud noises, panic, and distress but I was greeted with a quiet environment. There was nobody on the front desk, only some people were sitting on the metal seats in the waiting room. They looked sad but nobody was crying. I looked around for Jungkook or the others and found nothing but empty hallways.

"Let me go ask for your mother." Taehyung spoke, bringing my attention to him. I had almost forgotten he was there with me.

"Okay." I nodded as he walked away to search for a worker.

The smell of the hospital was making me nauseous. It was quiet but it wasn't serene. Although there was no crying or panic, the place felt dead. You could tell somebody had died in there, or somebody had been diagnosed with cancer or worse. The atmosphere was suffocating and as much as I needed a glass of water, I couldn't get myself to pour one. My hands and my legs seemed to be frozen.

As I stood there, observing the surroundings, I saw Taehyung coming out the door with a young lady by his side who was wearing the hospital's uniform.

For a second, my focus landed on his movements. How he looked worried for me, and how he wasn't expecting any of this to turn out the way it did. But what confused me the most was looking at Taehyung and feeling calm. It didn't matter if it was a hospital or if I was at a point of breaking down moments ago, the minute I saw his face, it felt like it was going to be okay.

With him by my side, it has to be okay.

"She's in room 203." The lady spoke as she entered some information into the computer about the visitation.

"Let's go." Taehyung said as he gently took my hand in his. He was being extra careful with me like I was a fragile toy that could break any second.

We walked up to the elevator and as he pressed the button for the second floor, my heartbeat quickened. I didn't know what to expect so I was expecting the worst.

When the elevator door finally opened after what seemed like centuries of waiting, I saw Jungkook standing in the corridor with Jen by his side. As our eyes met, I immediately leaped into his arm. He held me close and patted by back slowly as I heard Jen sigh. I pulled apart to see her looking at me with anger in her eyes.

"What the hell, Sora? Where did you go last night? Couldn't you be bothered to text us once? Look what's happening right now." She snapped.

"I-I'm sorry." This was the only thing I could say. I'm sure it had lost its meaning by now.

"Aren't you the guy from the park?" I heard Jungkook's voice and turned around to see him talking to Taehyung. This is the second time I forgot he was here. What worried me was the hint of anger in Jungkook's tone.