14

"He's a lunatic!" Jennifer exclaimed when I told her about the events of the previous night.

"I know." I shook my head, still trying to wrap my head around everything that had happened. Taehyung showing up at my door in the middle of the night, sleeping in my bed, and waking up only to say things that he doesn't mean and leaving again.

What the hell?

To divert my mind, I decided to focus in class for once. The lessons were boring but if I didn't listen, all I could think about was him.

After class, Jen offered to buy me a drink. We went to a bar which was located on the outskirts of the town. She had invited Jungkook and Jimin as well.

"What are we celebrating?" Jimin spoke as he brought all the drinks to the couch we were sitting on.

"Our bond," Jen spoke and all three of us rolled our eyes. I had told her not to talk about Taehyung because I didn't want Jungkook to know. He would get furious and use his big muscles and baby face to destroy Taehyung.

After talking to them for hours, I finally felt happy again. It was true; we were celebrating our bond and how deeper it had gotten in the past few months.

"How many kids do you want with Sora?" Jennifer asked to Jungkook and my eyes shot up to look at him. He was flustered. I let out a chuckle and covered my own face which had turned red.

"Yah! What're you asking?" I said, hitting Jen's arm.

"Two," Jungkook smirked, causing me to somehow try and hide even more. My cheeks were red and burning with the embarrassment. I hit his arm too but he pulled me closer to his chest.

For some reason, Taehyung's face flashed across my mind and my heart sank. I started to realize that I was playing with Jungkook's feeling, that I had felt something for Taehyung while I was with him. And as awful as it sounds, I couldn't really forget Taehyung, not even after everything that happened. I had tried to avoid the topic, but I couldn't do it anymore.

"Jungkook, can we talk?" I asked, my voice a lot quieter and stern than usual. The atmosphere among us had suddenly changed. I hated to be the buzz killer but I could not hurt a guy I cared so much about. Maybe I didn't feel so strongly for him as a lover, but he was still my best friend.

Jen looked at me as if she understood what I was going to do. She nodded at me ever so slightly as I walked out the door with Jungkook.

"Is everything okay?" He asked, coming closer and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I'm sorry," I spoke, and before I could stop, tears had started to flood down my cheeks. I tightened my grip around Jungkook, my head resting on his chest as I cried, damping his shirt. He stroked my hair lightly and didn't ask a question until I had stopped.

I pulled away and looked at him through tears in my eyes. It was starting to get dark and there was only a faint light that allowed me to see his face.

"I-I'm sorry but I still have feelings for Taehyung," I spoke, and even in that darkness, I could tell that my words stabbed his heart and he broke completely.

He took a few steps back, loosening his grip on my hands but still not letting go. He looked down at the ground and stayed still for a moment before sighing and looking up to meet my eyes again.

"I know you do." He spoke, breaking my own heart. "I figured that I could make you forget him, but I guess I failed."

I immediately leaped towards him, pulling him into a hug.

"Jungkook, it's not your fault. Please never think that." I spoke in between sobs. "I don't know why I still think about him, after everything that has happened. I don't know why my heart doesn't understand that Taehyung and I are not meant to be. Even when I have an amazing guy like you with me, I hate to feel this for someone else. I know I've hurt you a lot, but I can't do it anymore. I can't see you heartbroken, not because of me. It's all my fault, Jungkook. Please don't blame yourself."