15

Taehyung's POV

Meeting Sora had given me the strength I didn't think I needed. I went to her house hoping that she would comfort me, hold me, give me some advice, but the moment her lips didn't respond to mine, I felt like I lost her. The feeling that consumed me at that moment; the fear of her not being with me was enough to bring me here, sitting in front of Mina's dad.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" He asked, biting a mouthful of an apple.

"I wanted to talk about the marriage," I spoke. My heart was racing and I wiped the sweat that covered my hands on my pants. I expected to be nervous, but not this much. It wasn't because I was unsure of what I was doing, but it was only because I owed him everything. I owed him my life.

"What about it?" He asked again, stopping his gaze on me.

"Taehyung!!" Before I could speak, Mina had walked in, her voice echoing in the hall. "What're you doing?" She asked.

"I was talking to your dad about the marriage," I said.

I wasn't going to back out, not now.

She leaped at me and took my hand in hers. She tilted her head so now it rested on my shoulder.

"We're really excited for it, right?" She said, entwining her fingers with mine.

"I-" That was all I could speak before she pulled me and dragged me out of that place. She took me to her room and locked the door.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked, jumping towards me. Her expression had completely changed, catching me off guard.

"Asking your dad to call off the marriage," I said, trying to push her aside to unlock the door.

"Are you crazy?" She leaped in front of me. "He has a weak heart and you're going to tell him to call off his only alive daughter's marriage?"

Her words made me halt. I looked at her and noticed how genuinely concerned and afraid she was for her father. I had never seen her like this. But then I remembered Sora and I knew I couldn't put this off any longer.

"Why'd you agree to it?" I asked her.

"To what?"

"The marriage. We both know that you're sleeping around with other men behind my back and that I'm in love with someone else. Why agree to marry me then?" I asked, my voice softening in the process.

She sighed and looked at me, teary-eyed.

"I know that you knew about me the entire time. I didn't mean to do it. I hated every second of being with other men. But you being with that Sora girl made me so angry that I couldn't do anything but seek vengeance. I had no other choice, but I know it doesn't affect you anymore."

"You never answered my question," I said.

"I thought this marriage could be our chance to make things right. I know our feelings towards each other have changed but I know we still have that love somewhere deep down." She spoke, coming closer to me.

I took a few steps back and she stopped, realizing that we didn't have anything left between us.

"If this makes you so unhappy, I'll call off the marriage. I know you're in love with her and I know that after everything I've done, nothing can be right again. But let me be the one to talk to him. He's my dad and I'll be the one who'll get hurt the most if anything happens to him. Let me talk to him and end this."

I noticed that tears had started to stream down her face. I felt bad for her because at one point, I did love her. It wasn't the same anymore and we both knew it. I agreed to her being the one who talks about it with her dad. I couldn't take that right away from her, I never would.

I felt relieved to know that she had finally understood the situation entirely and that I could finally be with Sora without a bit of guilt in my heart. All I needed was to hear from her that she loved me back. That's all I could ask for.

Third Person's POV

Mina walks up to her dad who immediately gets up noticing the puffiness and redness of her eyes.

"Is everything okay?" He asks, holding his daughter's face in his hand while examining every inch of it.

She nods, much to his relief. He makes her sit down next to him. She hesitates for a bit but finally takes a seat.

"Did you and Taehyung fight?" He asks sternly. Mina's eyes shoot up as she realizes she can't hide it from her dad. She simply shakes her head to deny it but the stern look on her father's face makes her surrender and nod.

"That little brat. What did he do?" He asks, seeming much angrier than before.

"Nothing, Appa. Couples fight all the time." Mina says as she tries to calm down her father.

"Was it about the marriage?" He asks and Mina remains silent, not daring to utter a single word. He asks again and this time she responds with a slight smile on her face.

"No, Appa. We're both very happy with the marriage." She says, earning a smile from her dad in return.

Maybe I'm not just ready to give you up, Taehyung. You and I are meant to be, after all.

A/n: Tihihi, did you think Mina was nice? Well, I won't say she is or isn't nice just yet. Mostly because I don't know myself. Let's wait and watch... I mean read!

Please vote, comment and share this story!

Thanks for reading!