18

"Where do I begin?" I asked. My life had been quite a rollercoaster and I had come to the realization that Taehyung knew only a very small part of it.

He bit on his lower lip, eyes focused on the sky as he did some thinking, before turning towards me and smiling. "Mm, how were you as a kid?" He asked.

"Quite. My mother told me I hated being around people which still holds true and I've always been a good student. I was never really 'naughty', but I did get more irritable as a teenager." I spoke.

"You must've been the cutest child." He chuckled, pinching my cheeks slightly. "Were the boys in your school all over you?" He asked, narrowing his brows.

"I didn't pay much attention to guys a lot in school. However, I did have a bunch of them tell me they liked me. My friends would call me aside and tell me on their behalf, and the brave ones did it themselves. But I never really cared." I shrugged. It was true, I had never been crazy over boys. I had my fair share of crushes, but nobody really caught my eye, not until Taehyung walked in.

"So you've had no boyfriends?" His brows perked up. 

"I had three boyfriends. I was 12 when I got into my first relationship with my best friend at the time, and it lasted a few months. The second was when I was 16, he was cute and all but he was quite boring, to be honest. And then I had another one at 19 but I wasn't in the best headspace to be with him because of family issues." I spoke.

"When did the problems begin?" He asked, letting his features soften a bit.

I never liked talking about it. I hated when people looked at me with pity in their eyes, or when they told me I should not pay attention to it and move on. But something about sitting with him didn't make me feel uncomfortable. I wanted to tell him.

"I was 19 at the time. I was in my first year of college and had made new friends, so I would hang out with them a lot. One day, I got home really late from a party. My mother was visiting her parents and my dad probably thought I would stay at a friend's house like I usually did when I partied late. So, he brought his girlfriend to our place and I walked in on them making out." My voice broke and I felt tears brimming in my eyes. Taehyung held my hand and that instantly calmed me down. "She was on top of him, screaming his name, his hands were all over her, and I watched all of that happen in front of my eyes."

"For days, I didn't speak to him and refused to see his face. I thought he would learn his lesson and stop visiting her. He had always been a good father to me, and I thought maybe his love for me was greater than his lust for her. Instead, he started to drink a lot. My mother came to know about it too. She was shattered but decided not to take any action, which only angered me more. How could she let that happen to her?" A tear fell down my eyes. I didn't realize I had started to cry. Taehyung pulled me close to him, and I buried my face in his chest. He stroked my hair, whispering "It's okay" in my ears as I let myself break down completely.

I only knew how to cry in my bathroom on nights I felt miserable. Jen and Jungkook tried to know about it but I could never open up to them the way I did to Taehyung. It felt good to let it all out.

After I had calmed down a bit, I pulled away to see him staring at me. We stayed in silence and looked at each other. He looked so serene, immediately making me feel better.

"Your mother loves you, you know? That day in the hospital after you passed out, she called me in and asked me a bunch of questions. I didn't want to tell her about Mina but I couldn't lie to her. Even if I did, I knew she'd instantly catch me lying. So I told her about Mina and she almost hit me with a vase." He let out a chuckle, rubbing his temple. "She warned me to not hurt you. She said you had had enough of that for a lifetime and she didn't want to see you cry anymore. She was upset and hurt and she blamed herself for everything that happened. That's why I left. I realized I wasn't good enough for you, not with the situation I was in. I was like your father to somebody, a cheater, a coward who couldn't be with the girl I loved and kept giving excuses. It killed me." He spoke and I felt a knot in my chest. "But she really loves you." He continued.

"I know." I smiled. The reason why she did what she did, and why she stayed with dad despite everything was me. Because she didn't want me to have a broken family.

"And now I love you too." He smiled, stroking my cheek and brushing his nose against mine.

"I will always love you." He spoke.

"So will I." I smiled.

"Oh, and why didn't you count Jungkook in the list of your boyfriends?"

"I think he was always my best friend. Even when we were termed as being romantically involved, we were still best friends. He was always trying to help me move on from you because he hated seeing his best friend sad."

"But you know he likes you, right?" He questioned, furrowing his brows.

"I know."

"Man, I wanted to kill that guy, you know? I hated seeing him with you." He said, gritting his teeth.

"Now you know how I felt about Mina." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry, baby. I won't hurt you anymore. I'm all yours, remember?" He smiled.

A/n: I really like their little bonding time. There will be one more part to this. Also, I'm thinking of editing the chapters in the beginning because I feel like the writing is absolutely horrible in the start, but then it's too much work. Oof. I also want to complete this story by the end of this year so I can focus on other books but I don't know if that's going to be possible because there's so much left to happen.

Please vote, comment and share this story!

Thanks for reading!