24

I ran back into the hall, my eyes searching for Taehyung in every corner. Jin was following me, hyping me up to go and talk to him.

"Is he gone? Am I too late?" I tugged onto Jin's suit, my voice sounding desperate.

"I'm sure he's here somewhere." He looked around before a man I never expected to see again walked up to us.

"Sora?" His voice called. My eyes darted to his face, oh no.

"Namjoon?"

"Oh, you both know each other too? I don't need to introduce anyone to you, Sora, you seem to know everybody." Jin chuckled but my eyes couldn't believe it was him who stood before me.

"It's been a long time, Sora." He smiled.

"I-"

"May I have this dance?" He extended his hand.

Jin nudged me from the side, perking his brows up and indicating me to take his hand.

"I promise it won't be awkward." Namjoon smiled and I couldn't reject him, not after Jin kept giving me 'the look'.

We walked to the center of the hall, hand in hand. My eyes were still searching for Taehyung but he was nowhere to be seen.

"You look stunning," Namjoon whispered in my ear as he pulled me close.

I felt uncomfortable being there with him when all I could think about was the man I loved.

"Thanks," I managed to blurt out.

Taehyung made me feel giddy and comfortable when I danced with him; the butterflies in my stomach had turned into elephants jumping around. In contrast to that, dancing with Namjoon was anything but pleasing. Maybe it was because of the fact that he was my ex, and I had broken his heart to an extent. Or maybe because he never gave up on me, even threatening me at one point to be with him.

"Can I talk to you?" He spoke, breaking my chain of thoughts.

I hummed in response as he walked me to a table, pulling the chair out for me. I sat and smiled at him before he took his seat.

"How have you been?" He asked.

"Good." I smiled. "And you?"

"Fine."

There was a moment of silence. Neither of us spoke. His eyes were fixated on my face and mine wandering around the hall, trying to avoid his gaze.

How do I get out of this mess?

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked and my eyes shot up.

Before I could answer his question, Jin came to my rescue. Or maybe not.

"Sora, look who I found!" He chimed as he came closer. Taehyung was being dragged by him. The expression on his face was of anger, his brows furrowed as he looked at me and the man I sat across.

"Namjoon, this is Tae." Jin spoke, pointing towards him.

They shook hands before Taehyung took a seat next to me. His eyes didn't leave my face even for a moment while I was talking to the other two men. It seemed as if he wanted to note every single expression I had while I conversed with them.

"Sora had a habit of walking alone at night. She would go on long strolls across the town. We met on one of her late night strolls." Namjoon chuckled as he reminisced the old days. "I was instantly attracted towards her. She has one of those personalities, you know?"

I could see Taehyung staring at me from my peripheral vision. I looked down, fidgeting my hands as I began to sense the tension grow between us.

"How do you two know each other again?" He spoke, breaking the uncomfortable silence. I darted my eyes to him, trying to make out what he was up to.