10

It's been a week since the incident took place. My mother got discharged this morning and she's back home, shouting at me for every little thing. It used to annoy me but now, it somehow makes me smile. When I didn't know what happened to her, I thought I lost her forever. That was enough for me to understand just how much she means to me and how much I love her, despite her snarky comments.

"Sora!" she called, "Breakfast is ready."

"Ma, I told you not to cook. You just got out of the hospital. We could order take out." I said, narrowing my eyes at her. She never listened to me so what was I expecting anyway?

"No, don't make me feel like I'm old and sick or something. It's just one bone that's broken, the rest of me works perfectly." She said, flipping her hair.

I rolled my eyes at her as I ate my breakfast. I had to go back to college because I missed a lot of classes during the past week. I knew the workload would be too much to handle if I missed any more classes.

I lazily got out of the house and took the bus to the college. The campus was fairly empty indicating that I was definitely late. I rushed through the main gate and into the building. My eyes scanned the place once for my friends but when I couldn't find them, I started walking to the class.

As I reached the door of the class, I saw two familiar figures standing outside, too close for my liking. It was Taehyung and Mina.

After that phone call, I hadn't seen or talked to him at all, now I knew the reason why. I wasn't in a position to question what he was doing, no matter how hurt I felt. She was his girlfriend, and it was bound to happen.

His back was facing towards me but I saw Mina's eyes meet mine. Her eyes were filled with hatred and anger for me, and I felt the guilt creep up again. When her eyes didn't leave mine, Taehyung turned to see what she was looking at. His expression changed, his smile falling as he looked at me.

To avoid the awkwardness, I quickly rushed passed them and into the class. I took my seat next to Jennifer as she smiled at me.

"Are you okay?" She asked, noticing my expression.

"I ran into Taehyung and his girlfriend." I said, panting. It was getting harder for me to breath by the second. I didn't know seeing him with her would hurt so much. She took my hand in hers as her other hand patted my back slowly.

"Sora, it's okay. Don't stress yourself too much, your hands are getting cold and you look sick." She said, concern spilling out of her words.

"I need to go to the restroom." I spoke as I quickly stood up from my chair before the teacher came in. I just didn't feel right and I desperately needed to get some air.

I got out of the classroom and instead of going towards the restrooms, I started walking to the main door. As soon as I reached outside, I broke down.

Tears streamed down my face as I sat on the bench nearby. I held my face in my hands, trying to hide from the rest of the world. I was very aware of people walking past me, telling their partners to look at me, wondering what was wrong.

I felt someone take a seat next to me. Trying my best to look while hiding my red face and now swollen eyes, I peeked to the side and saw the one person I didn't want next to me, Taehyung.

There was silence as I looked at him, his eyes meeting mine. I brought my knees closer to my chest and hid completely.

"Sora." He whispered, bringing his face close to mine. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck, trying not to melt under his touch as he brought his hand to pat my hair.

I didn't answer him, my sobs getting louder by the second.

"Sora." He spoke again. This time, his lips were near my ears, his breath fanning my cheeks a bit as he fiddled with my hair.

I didn't reply to him again, hiding even further in my knees.

"Jagiya." He cooed.

My breath hitched and my heart started to race as these words left his mouth. My back tensed a bit as I tried to somehow hide even further.

I heard him sigh and get up from the seat. After a few minutes, when I didn't feel him near me, I slowly peeked to my side to see that he wasn't there. I took a sigh of relief and removed my hands from my face.

"Sora." A voice startled me. I looked to the front and there he was, sitting on the ground in front of me, on his knees.

"What're you doing?" I asked as I could see people looking at us. Some were even talking about the possibility of him proposing to me. He, on the other hand, didn't care about the stares and kept sitting there, his hand now slowly creeping up to hold mine.

I pulled back, trying to get up and walk away but he held me down by pushing my shoulders.

"Taehyung, stop it. I don't want to talk." I shouted as I tried to escape from his grip. He was too strong for me. But accepting that would mean my defeat, and so I kept trying until he came closer, his lips on mine, shutting me up completely.

I sat frozen as his warm lips moved on top of mine. We stayed like that for a moment before he pulled back, confusion evident in his eyes.

"Why didn't you kiss me back?" He hissed, standing up and sitting next to me before turning me to face him.

I didn't speak, looking down at my feet. He lifted my chin up, his eyes locked on my face.

"Sora, what happened?" He asked, causing me to scoff. I couldn't believe he was asking this to me, how could he not know?

"Is this about Mina?" He asked and my eyes snapped up. I realized that not talking about it would only make matters worse so I nodded.

I expected him to explain what was going on, but he stayed silent.

"What is it?" I asked, sensing that something was wrong.

"We're back together." He spoke, his words breaking my heart.

"So is this it for us? Why are you here then? Kissing me, confusing me, is this all a joke to you?" I spat, my voice breaking. I wanted to hold him so badly, but I couldn't because he wasn't mine. Perhaps, he never was.

"Sora, I'm sorry." He spoke, and I knew this was it.

"Why?" I asked. I don't know whether I wanted to know why he was saying sorry or why he was back with Mina, but whatever it was, I desperately wanted him to stay. 

"I love her." He said.

My heart broke as I realized that this was meant to happen. She was here before me, he loved her before me. I looked into his eyes, taking in the beautiful brown color one last time.

"It was nice knowing you, Taehyung." I spoke as I got up. He tried to stop me but I couldn't hurt myself anymore, so I walked away, leaving him behind and not daring to look back.

This was goodbye, the end of us.

A/n: I'm not a fan of sad chapters myself which is why this was fairly short, but this had to happen at some point. You might think Taehyung is wrong in what he's doing but you need to understand where he's coming from. He has only known Sora for very little time, and he has plenty of other reasons that will be explained later.

In the meantime, please support my story by voting, commenting and sharing!

Thanks for reading!