9

The next morning, I woke up to a loud crash outside my hospital room. My entire body was stiff, and I felt worse than I did the previous night. I somehow got out of bed and limped my way outside.

The corridor was empty with not a single person in sight. I went back inside as I'm not one to explore and get myself killed.

My phone was lying on the table next to the bed. It wasn't there the night before from what I could recall so Jungkook must have placed it there after I fell asleep.

I pressed the power button to reveal only 20% battery. I opened the message folder and ignoring the texts I had from my friends, I opened Taehyung's tab.

"Where are you?" I typed. I backspaced and typed again. After contemplating for ten minutes, I finally sent it.

If it sounds too desperate, then let it.

I threw the phone on the bed and grabbed my clothes that were lying on the couch. I changed out of my hospital robe, grabbed my phone and walked out to find room 203.

I reached room 203 in no time as it was only a couple rooms away. I peeped inside through the small glass panel and saw my mother was awake and reading a magazine. I knocked and went inside.

"Sora? Hi, sweetheart." She cooed with a huge smile on her face, placing the magazine aside as she made space for me to sit.

"Hi, mother. How are you feeling?" I asked, taking a seat next to her.

"I'm much better. How are you? Jungkook told me about what happened." She spoke, her expression changing into a worried one.

Damn, woman, how can she be worried about me when her own bones are broken? Mothers, I tell you.

"I'm fine, Ma." I rolled my eyes. "How did this happen?" I asked, pointing at her arm which was now plastered.

Her smile fell and she tried avoiding eye-contact, not a single word leaving her mouth.

"Did dad do this to you?" I asked, trying to suppress my anger but failing.

"Sora, it's not his fault." She said, her eyes filling up with tears.

"Don't you try to defend his actions, mother. Not this time." I spoke, my voice as stern as it could get.

"Yes, he did." She answered, knowing there was no point in arguing with me.

"Tell me everything." I said.

"It's what Jungkook told you. I confronted him about the girl and he pushed me against the table. I don't remember much after that." She said, picking up her magazine again.

"Is that all?" I asked again, I felt like she was hiding something but I couldn't force it out of her.

"Yes." She replied. "Who's Taehyung?" She questioned, changing the topic.

My eyes snapped up at the mention of his name.

How does she know?

"Did Kook tell you?" I asked.

"Jennifer did." She answered.

I sighed.

"I met him at the cafe a few months ago and then again at the bar the night before yesterday." I replied. "He brought me to his place because I was drunk and then brought me here after I heard about you." I continued.

She stared at me for a minute. "Do you like him?" She asked.

My breath hitched at her sudden question. I wasn't expecting it.