22

My eyes fluttered open as the bus came to a halt. I lifted my head up to look at the familiar figure sitting beside me, my head rested on his shoulder and his eyes fixated on my face.

I jerked my head up, straightening my back as a blush crept on my face.

"You looked like you needed some sleep, and your head kept hitting the window so I thought I'd be your pillow for a while," Jin spoke, a light chuckle escaping his mouth.

"Uh.. um.. thank you." Is all that could leave my mouth before we got off the bus.

I didn't have any luggage with me, considering I got on the bus straight from a date. On the other hand, Jin had so much luggage that I had to help him carry it to the cab.

"What do you have in there?" I sighed as I placed the last bag in the boot of the car.

"I told you I was gone for a business trip." He shrugged.

"You told me it was one week long. Why did you need so much stuff?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Because I'm.."

"...the Worldwide Handsome, I know." I chuckled. I had gotten really fond of him during our journey. It almost felt like I knew him for a long time.

The cab drove us to his place. The house, correction, the mansion in front of me blew my mind. I stared at it, my eyes getting wider by the second. 

Man, he was rich.

"Your eyes will fall out at this rate." He laughed, pointing his fingers at my astounded face.

"You.. you live here?" I asked stupidly to which he shook his head and I mentally facepalmed myself.

"Yes, I live here. Now, c'mon, I don't know about you but I'm starving." He grabbed my hand and dragged me inside.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I mean he could be a serial killer for all I know. I hesitated a bit before he opened the door, revealing the beautiful structure of his house.

I didn't think this could get any better.

My legs started to move as if they had a mind of their own. I wandered around the hall, tracing the stairs, the lamps, and the beautiful walls with my hands. I was awestruck looking at the intricate designs and the astonishing paintings that hung on the walls.

I came back to my senses as the aroma of warm and fresh food filled the air. I turned around to look at all the servants bringing in a variety of delicacies. My mouth watered at the sight of food as I walked towards it.

I waited for Jin to come back from his room since it would be rude to start eating without him.

He came out a few minutes later. He had changed into his pajamas, his wet hair was dripping on the towel wrapped around the back of his neck.

"Why are you not eating?" He asked as his brows perked up. He came down the stairs and sat next to me, filling up my plate with food.

"I was waiting for you." I looked at the ground, trying to hide my embarrassed face.

His laughter blared in the halls as he hit his thighs repeatedly, a habit of his I had started to recognize.

"I don't want you to act so formally around me. Friends?" He extended his hand and shook mine.

After we had eaten and talked about a multitude of random things, my eyes were starting to droop. Not having slept properly in a long time because of lectures and Taehyung was starting to take a toll on me.

"Hey, go to bed, alright? I want you to be up and ready early tomorrow morning, it's my birthday!" He chimed and my lips instantly curved into a huge smile.

"I'm gonna wait till midnight to wish you and then go to sleep," I spoke. He insisted that it wasn't necessary but I didn't budge.

After wishing him a happy birthday at midnight, I headed upstairs to the room.

I changed into comfortable clothes and plopped on the bed. I held my phone in my hand, not daring to turn it on. I knew I'd be bombarded with messages from Taehyung.

I took a deep breath and turned on the power button. The screen lighted up and within seconds, my phone was flooded with notifications.

I ignored the messages and the missed calls and immediately called my mother, knowing that she would be extremely worried about me.

"Park Sora, where the hell have you been?" She shouted as soon as she picked up the call.

I didn't have a choice but to lie to her. I told her I was finishing up an assignment at a friend's house and would be back by the next evening.

After that very stressful call, I contemplated checking Taehyung's messages and before I could, I fell into a deep sleep.

~

Taehyung's POV

I checked my phone for the hundredth time, waiting for a call from Sora, or even a message saying she was okay.

I had tried calling her but it always went to voicemail. I couldn't bear not knowing how and where she was. I was imagining the worst in my head.

I tossed and turned in bed, trying my best to get some sleep but my thoughts were filled with those of Sora.

I hope she's okay.

I got out of bed and walked towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water. On my way, I heard a loud noise coming from Mina's room. I heard her take my name and I couldn't help but eavesdrop.

I stood still outside her bedroom, putting my ears to the door as I made sure nobody was around.

"Appa, you know I can't tame him!" She screamed. "I will marry him, dad. There's no way I'll let another take him away. I love him. I love him!"

"Of course, we'll be there. Yes, as a couple." She spoke and I let out a sigh.

Where are we going? 

When the talking stopped, I heard footsteps coming towards the door. I rushed to my bedroom and cautiously closed the door. I hopped on the bed and pretended to be asleep when I heard a few knocks on the door.

"Taehyung," her voice called.

"I know you're listening. I just wanted to tell you it's Jin oppa's birthday tomorrow and we're going together as a couple, as per father's orders. He'll be there too." She spoke before knocking once again.

Jin hyung used to come to our place occasionally to play with us when we were teenagers. I had become extremely close to him and he treated me like his younger brother. As much as I hated going along with Mina, I knew I had no choice.

I couldn't get out of the trap I was in at once, I needed to take baby steps. I knew just what I needed to do; ask Jin hyung for help. I'm sure he'd understand.

With a ray of hope finally showing, I closed my eyes and imagined being next to Sora. A smile crept on my face when I reminisced the day we were together on the cliff, talking about our deepest, darkest secrets and somehow finding comfort in each other's company. As happy thoughts filled my head, I drifted off to sleep.

A/n: This was merely a filler chapter. I know there have been no interactions between Tae and Sora in the past two chapters but as you can guess, they will see each other in the next one.

The next few chapters will also be extremely crucial for the story. It's not coming to an end yet but I think we're halfway through. I hope you guys are enjoying it so far.

Please vote, comment and share this story!

Thanks for reading!